diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on these Solar Panels Maxeon/Sunpower

Pantoja212

I seen a older video from will on flexible solar panels and wondering now that prices of some have come down alot if these worth it all since atleast sunpower cells are supposed to be a little better i was planning on attacking these to garage roof

I seen a older video from will on flexible solar panels and wondering now that prices of some have come down alot if these worth it all since atleast sunpower cells are supposed to be a little better i was planning on attacking these to garage roof

First, I'd like to say that Sunpower cells are amazing! I had the chance to play around with raw Sunpower cells, and thier out is impressive.

But, having said that, if you don't really need flexible panels, it's a waste of money. For less money you could get rigid solar panels, with better power output and longer lifespan.
These flexible panels don't hold up well because lack of heat dissipation. This not only shortens thier lifespan but also affects power output.

I had 4 x 100w flexible panels on my pergola for about a year and a half. After replacing them with 4 x 100w rigid panels, I almost doubled the power output.

First, I'd like to say that Sunpower cells are amazing! I had the chance to play around with raw Sunpower cells, and thier out is impressive.

But, having said that, if you don't really need flexible panels, it's a waste of money. For less money you could get rigid solar panels, with better power output and longer lifespan.
These flexible panels don't hold up well because lack of heat dissipation. This not only shortens thier lifespan but also affects power output.

I had 4 x 100w flexible panels on my pergola for about a year and a half. After replacing them with 4 x 100w rigid panels, I almost doubled the power output.
yeah its what i figure i do mostly have normal solar panels for my setup this was just for my parents place was considering adding a few easy to mount flexible panels like these

Back