diy solar

diy solar

TIGO Reset

teal95

Solar Addict
Roof mounted system with TIGO RSD/optimizers on 20 kW of panels, SolArk 15k and a rack of EG4 LL batteries. We had a couple of inches of snow Friday so there was fairly low production, even though the snow melted off late in the day. Thursday was also poor production so soon after sunset Friday the batteries hit my 40% shutdown point. I was out of town Saturday and we had received a couple more inches of snow overnight so I wasn't surprised to see no output in the morning, but wasn't expecting to see ~0.5 v from the panels. I got home just at dusk. All the snow was melted but still no output and very low volts. The sun was already below the horizon so there wasn't much I could check. After sunrise this morning I went to investigate. No power or voltage from panels reported by SolArk and no voltage from panels measured with DVOM. No faults from the SolArk or TIGO. Running out of things to try I power cycled the TIGO and that fixed it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Sounds like an open circuit somewhere in the PV. If the circuit was intact, the Tigos should put out 0.6 volts each, so 0.6 x number of panels in series should be your measured voltage if it was an issue with the RSD stuff.

I guess you could remove one PV wire from the inverter to measure open circuit voltage, there's a chance the inverter PV input is shorted and pulling the voltage down to 0

An open circuit wouldn't have killed all 6 strings, and doing a power cycle to the TIGO wouldn't have repaired the situation.

NP. Any other thoughts? I do find it strange that the SolArk only shows ~0.5 volts for each string (7 panels in series) until I power cycled the TIGO, then immediately jumped to 180+ volts.

NP. Any other thoughts? I do find it strange that the SolArk only shows ~0.5 volts for each string (7 panels in series) until I power cycled the TIGO, then immediately jumped to 180+ volts.
It could be the SolArk was trying to pull a very small amount of energy out of the 3.5 ish volts (and almost no current) that the Tigos will let through when RSD is active.

What Tigo components do you have?

RSD/optimizers on the backs of all the panels. TAP mounted under a panel pretty much in the center of the array. Connected back to the CCA with a cat 5e cable. CCA mounted next to the inverter and fed power from the inverter.

diy solar

diy solar
Back