diy solar

diy solar

Top balancing question

Yah its a bad cell.. not holding the same voltage as others.. dropping exponentially faster... I'll take the loss on this one and order another. :/
+1 to top charge that one cell alone to verify.

I would put them in service and see what goes if there is little chance of refund. Give it a few weeks before you spend more money.

+1 to top charge that one cell alone to verify.

I would put them in service and see what goes if there is little chance of refund. Give it a few weeks before you spend more money.
Yah I charged that cell alone. Voltage still drops that fast

Does anyone know where I can buy 1 280ah lifepo4 battery in the US? Seems like I have to buy 4.

Excellent info here...when you're in the middle of it a good explanation of what is going on really makes sense. Otherwise my eyes just glaze over.
I've been top-balancing my pack for three days and thought something was wrong. (y)

When i was working with a large auto manufacturer, it was common for our suppliers of smaller value parts to deliberately put defective parts in.

A classic example is a screw manufacturer - every now and then you’d get a screw with no thread - just a head and straight shaft. Operators routinely threw them out and didn’t raise a defect notice. I found out later it was a screw factory run of 10000 screws that failed. They just kept them and chucked a handful in subsequent orders until they were gone.

Effectively got paid in full for defective parts.

The cynic in me thinks that if a supplier notices an order for an odd number of cells they will throw in a dud and hope for the best.

Back