diy solar

diy solar

Transfer switch issues after solar install

LivingTheDream

Hey Everyone,
I recently brought my solar online and everything finally seems to work…well, not quite.
I’m on my first outing and tried turning on the generator with one of my old lead acid batteries since the lithium couldn’t do it. I got the generator to start, but it’s not triggering the auto xfer switch that regulated between shore and generator.
I have it set up to bring the two legs (120v/ea) to a j-box that takes the red leg to the breaker panel and the black leg to the MPP LV2424. Then it runs from the MPP to the breaker panel.
It sounds like the xfer switch isn’t making the loud clunk as it did before. So looking for ideas on what I may be missing.
It’s 50amp service.
TYIA

Did the generator transfer switch get rewired at all?

Check the coil is getting power from the generator connection in the switch. And of course check the breakers on the generator have not tripped.

Did the generator transfer switch get rewired at all?

Check the coil is getting power from the generator connection in the switch. And of course check the breakers on the generator have not tripped.
I’ll check the breakers and fuses in the morning. I was stupid and buttoned everything up before checking the generator.

Couldn’t sleep, lol! After @time2roll’s comment, I remembered I had shut off the breakers when I was monkeying around with trying to get the battery situation figured out. Sure enough, I had the two 30A breakers off. Everything is working now. Stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rho
Back