diy solar

diy solar

Trophy battery

MCB

I did a bonehead move on a new 48v Trophy battery. I used a small screwdriver to push the reset button, (instead of the correct tool supplied), and broke the switch. I called Dan, he told me to go ahead and open it up, I did, and switch is broke. I need to find the correct switch so I can de-solder the old switch and solder the new switch in. I would call Dan back, (super nice guy by the way), but I can tell he is quite busy. I can't even tell what the parameters are for finding this switch. I did look at digikey electronics, but no luck for an idiot like me. Bottom line, need part numbers for a new switch or a new BMS

Attachments

• 20230404_160347.jpg
    20230404_160347.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230404_160507.jpg
    20230404_160507.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 45
Call Trophy back and see if you can just get a replacement control board, no soldering required and less risk of bricking your battery.

I don't have a problem de-soldering and installing a new switch.

call trophy, or buy a new one from seplos, as this is 1000% a 100 amp canbus bms

seeing and confirming this also makes me wonder why trophy isnt supporting sol-ark closed coms, as this works

I'm kinda old school, component level is not a problem, if I can find the right part. If I have to, I'll order a new BMS, but I'd rather not. I already told Dan my boneheaded move with the tiny screwdriver.

You can't get better support from a dealer. Just got off phone with Dan and he's checking switches or a new BMS. Seplos won't work, but I'll find out tomorrow which part I'm gonna get. My ex wife is a trained electronics tech back in the day when it was Siemens/Nixdorf, and she has offered to help. She did tell me that I wouldn't have a problem if I got the correct switch.

Here is an interesting tidbit. I know the switch has a tiny spring, and I haven't found it yet. Needless to say, I also told Dan about it. That spring needs to be found, lol.

I need to apologize to Will. I finally found where to de-activate the email notification.
It is under account preferences for anyone like myself who doesn't know.

call trophy, or buy a new one from seplos, as this is 1000% a 100 amp canbus bms

seeing and confirming this also makes me wonder why trophy isnt supporting sol-ark closed coms, as this works
Trophy’s have 200a BMS’s on everything over their 100 Ah batteries.

She did tell me that I wouldn't have a problem if I got the correct switch.
I would guess it is either a normally closed or a normally open switch. Once you figure that out, the correct switch could be wired to those two contacts.
EDIT: On closer inspection, there may be three contacts but I cannot tell from the picture.

I would guess it is either a normally closed or a normally open switch. Once you figure that out, the correct switch could be wired to those two contacts.
EDIT: On closer inspection, there may be three contacts but I cannot tell from the picture.
I'm assuming with 6 contacts thru the board it is a single throw, double pole switch.

Here is the other side of board

Attachments

• 20230404_183453.jpg
    20230404_183453.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 31
Trophy’s have 200a BMS’s on everything over their 100 Ah batteries.
nope, here's a picture of both my canbus 200a version ( 10c ) and rs485 200a version.
take a peek at the white labels and layout.

dan might not even know this are seplos's, but they are

Attachments

• IMG_20220317_185605.jpg
    IMG_20220317_185605.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 21
nope, here's a picture of both my canbus 200a version ( 10c ) and rs485 200a version.
take a peek at the white labels and layout.

dan might not even know this are seplos's, but they are
While I was searching yesterday, the heating pad plays a part in the selection process. There are more tiny wires involved on the BMS board than a regular 16S that I am familiar with. The obvious, easiest, solution is a new board. Dan is aware of my capabilities, and I am leaving the decision up to him if he finds the correct parts. I was trying to fix my screw up on my own yesterday, but after talking with him yesterday evening, I think he has parts in their warehouse. I'll find out this morning at a more decent business hour. I should reiterate how Dan is going above and beyond when it was totally a customer mistake.

Back