diy solar

diy solar

Trophy battery

While I was searching yesterday, the heating pad plays a part in the selection process. There are more tiny wires involved on the BMS board than a regular 16S that I am familiar with. The obvious, easiest, solution is a new board. Dan is aware of my capabilities, and I am leaving the decision up to him if he finds the correct parts. I was trying to fix my screw up on my own yesterday, but after talking with him yesterday evening, I think he has parts in their warehouse. I'll find out this morning at a more decent business hour. I should reiterate how Dan is going above and beyond when it was totally a customer mistake.
new seplos bms's standard have a provision for heating pads...
the two shown in my photographs are old ( as in 2,5 years old) and did not have this provision yet

good to hear dan is doing his very best to help you out!

new seplos bms's standard have a provision for heating pads...
the two shown in my photographs are old ( as in 2,5 years old) and did not have this provision yet

good to hear dan is doing his very best to help you out!
I'm just trying to get this battery back to it's original state. I should also say that in order for me to remove the BMS, there was hazardous environment involved that static electricity and my hands could have easily set off. I wouldn't advise going this far into a battery. That being said, this is a DIY forum.

He is also sending me specific instructions from manufacturer for reassembly. Now to find that tiny switch spring. I did have to re-order some lugs. My busbars are 3/8, and the terminals on batteries are 5/16. I had a spool of 2/0 ultraflex in my shop, so that is what I am using for the system. The 2/0 lugs fit the terminals on batteries.

I'm gonna have to look up the price of 2/0 ultraflex nowadays. I bought 300 ft of it back in 2016 as a spare for my rig, and it cost me around 800.00. We were required to have a minimum of 100.00 ft to reach any weld.

I'm assuming with 6 contacts thru the board it is a single throw, double pole switch.
Single throw double pole would be 4 contacts. If it's 6 contacts it's likely to be a DPDT switch (though could in theory be a single throw triple pole).

So, something like this one...

Good on Dan to sort you out though with a new BMS but I prefer your approach... it does sadden me that these days no one fixes things... especially when it was a simple de-solder / re-solder job using a component that costs 72p (less than 1$). Good on your ex too... we need more ?‍??‍?

When talking with Dan, he was very adamant that the new 100a Battery I bought from his was NOT a Seplos BMS. The photo says otherwise though... lol

Single throw double pole would be 4 contacts. If it's 6 contacts it's likely to be a DPDT switch (though could in theory be a single throw triple pole).

So, something like this one...

Good on Dan to sort you out though with a new BMS but I prefer your approach... it does sadden me that these days no one fixes things... especially when it was a simple de-solder / re-solder job using a component that costs 72p (less than 1$). Good on your ex too... we need more ?‍??‍?
I'll be damned, that is the switch. If I get froggy, I might order it so I have a spare BMS.

I'll be damned, that is the switch. If I get froggy, I might order it so I have a spare BMS.
Specs say 100ma at 30v DC. I'll have to see if that is correct for my BMS.

Specs say 100ma at 30v DC. I'll have to see if that is correct for my BMS.
LOL - was only meant to be a random example :)... doubt if a reset switch would require much current. Most likely a few mA at 3.3V or 5V ?‍?

LOL - was only meant to be a random example :)... doubt if a reset switch would require much current. Most likely a few mA at 3.3V or 5V ?‍?
Understood, good random example. I didn't think I needed a switch to handle full current of the battery.

When talking with Dan, he was very adamant that the new 100a Battery I bought from his was NOT a Seplos BMS. The photo says otherwise though... lol
look at it this way :

for those who own a trophy and a canbus inverter ( deye/sol-ark , victron, eg4 9k , luxpower and many more) they now know closed loop communication is possible, and they can find a how to in the resources section

they also know that they can use solar assistant ( or other tools that support rs485) to monitor their batteries both local and remotely

Hmm, I wonder if the Trophy Battery will communicate with the 2x Seplos 10E BMS's that I have. That would be sweet.

Same here. Dan told me with such confidence that it is isn't a Seplos - but I can talk to it with Selplos protocol, it uses the Battery Manager that looks like Seplos - and then the circuit board... looks like Seplos.

Either way @Lt.Dan or OP @MCB do either of you know what BMS is in the older 110AH CATL Trophy batteries? I have one of the 110AH CATL and one 100AH EVE and I can talk to the EVE one (with Selplos protocol) but I've been unable to interrogate the CATL one. It has a different screen than the EVE version (I like the CATL screen and menus better) but i don't know all of the BMSs out there well enough to know what it might be? Here is the screen on the CATL battery if that helps identify the BMS?
1704499765738.png

The battery I purchased from him In September, "48V100E-2UL Trophy battery" uses a Tian Power BMS.

Back