diy solar

diy solar

two 100ah Renogy li battery or 12V Lithium Battery 206Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Prismatic Cells by Lynx Battery with Daly BMS

TedNeedsHelp

so I wanted to buy two Renogy 100ah li batteries for about 1,500 + tax but then I saw this on ebay

12V Lithium Battery 206Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Prismatic Cells by Lynx Battery with Daly BMS, Low Temp Cut Off and Bluetooth Compatible for $1,050. which one should I get?​

Now I want to get the SOK 200ah battery. So I know with two 100ah batteries that I would have to parallel them for 12v but if I get the SOK 200ah battery do I need to buy another one and parallel them for 12v? Or just one SOK 200ah battery is fine? My set up is four 100w panels, 40a charge controller li, 1,000w pure sine inverter.

Now I want to get the SOK 200ah battery. So I know with two 100ah batteries that I would have to parallel them for 12v but if I get the SOK 200ah battery do I need to buy another one and parallel them for 12v? Or just one SOK 200ah battery is fine? My set up is four 100w panels, 40a charge controller li, 1,000w pure sine inverter.
The eBay one (assume you refer to as SOK) is 12v. So you can get just the one and it’s 12v 206ah if correctly advertised.

I got badly burnt buying eBay batteries once. Will never do it again personally.

If you do, I’d suggest getting in writing the capacity, and that the cells inside are brand new.

Then I would be running a full capacity test when I get it and return it if it doesn’t stack up.

Hope that helps

The eBay one (assume you refer to as SOK) is 12v. So you can get just the one and it’s 12v 206ah if correctly advertised.

I got badly burnt buying eBay batteries once. Will never do it again personally.

If you do, I’d suggest getting in writing the capacity, and that the cells inside are brand new.

Then I would be running a full capacity test when I get it and return it if it doesn’t stack up.

Hope that helps
Screenshot_2020-11-12-23-36-10~2.pngis this any good? It's the best bang for your buck

Lynx Lithium 12V 120Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Prismatic Cells Battery, 4,000+ Cycles, Daly BMS with Cold Temp Cut Off and Bluetooth Compatible​

View attachment 27406is this any good? It's the best bang for your buck

Lynx Lithium 12V 120Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Prismatic Cells Battery, 4,000+ Cycles, Daly BMS with Cold Temp Cut Off and Bluetooth Compatible​

I'm looking for a LiFePO4 battery. I don't think I can build my own that's why I really liked the SOK battery but if there's something else that's better or similar and more reputable please share. I can't afford two battle born batteries and that SOK is half the price. Then this Lynx battery I can get two and have 240ah at 12v. I can't decide. Please help. I'm looking to get at least 4,000 cycles that would be super duper

I'm looking for a LiFePO4 battery. I don't think I can build my own that's why I really liked the SOK battery but if there's something else that's better or similar and more reputable please share. I can't afford two battle born batteries and that SOK is half the price. Then this Lynx battery I can get two and have 240ah at 12v. I can't decide. Please help. I'm looking to get at least 4,000 cycles that would be super duper
You need at least 4000 cycles.
You need to keep in the knee of the capacity.
Charging to 14.4, and NEVER discharging below 3... LFP is rated at 2000 cycles to 80%

View attachment 27406is this any good? It's the best bang for your buck

If the cells are brand new it should be good. As a said, 4000+ duties is possible but it’s kind of marketing spin. You need to have your DOD very optimised that your using only 50% of our battery.

there is a video where Will advises not to hook the Daley up to the side of battery as it can get hot. Thought that was worth mentioning.
Go check out the Daly bms video on his site

This looks like a good deal as well XUBA. A lot of people here are familiar with XUBA. I think I am going to go with this over SOK b/c it's cheaper and 120 AH so I'll get two and parallel them and have 240AH at 12v. I think i'll be happy with that. This XUBA is a good company right?

Attachments

• H680913b9bafe4d698453d3550b980e324.jpg
    H680913b9bafe4d698453d3550b980e324.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1
OK so I ordered the thing on Amazon. The guy answers his phone, has good reviews on Amazon, was patient with all my questions, and I can return via Amazon if need be.

Stay tuned

the lynx lithium 120 Ah that Ted posted the picture of on Nov 13.

I ordered about 8:00 last night, it shipped at 7:20 this morning. Should arrive in about a week.

It arrived in excellent shape, packed well, and fully assembled! I could not connect with the BMS via bluetooth- internet wisdom seems to indicate i must charge the battery to "Wake up" the DALY BMS..... more news tomorrow night when I attempt to activate BMS

IMG_2561.jpegIMG_2564.jpeg
IMG_2565.jpeg

Update, the only real complication was that I needed an app from an apparently Canadian version of the apple store. I called the folks and they got an engineer to call me back within about 20 minutes and he provided a link. The cells are apparently balancing just now. Overall, this has been a positive experience.
IMG_2572.PNG

I just received a 100ah battery, preassembled with daly 100a smart bms from Lynx on Amazon. I had it connected and got the app installed. We are overcast for a few days, but I got the battery up to 88% charge, then drained it to 5o% last night. In the morning, it has shut down. Cannot connect to bms via bluetooth. Pak measures 10.8, lowest cell is at 2.64. I have Renogy Rover Li friendly 40a cc. But, again overcast, atm. Off-grid location. Cc indicates 70v from panels but no amps going to battery. I am going to read thru my cc manual. See if the solution is in there:/

I just received a 100ah battery, preassembled with daly 100a smart bms from Lynx on Amazon. I had it connected and got the app installed. We are overcast for a few days, but I got the battery up to 88% charge, then drained it to 5o% last night. In the morning, it has shut down. Cannot connect to bms via bluetooth. Pak measures 10.8, lowest cell is at 2.64. I have Renogy Rover Li friendly 40a cc. But, again overcast, atm. Off-grid location. Cc indicates 70v from panels but no amps going to battery. I am going to read thru my cc manual. See if the solution is in there:/
Ok, so, primary issue was that my cc was not correctly set:( I have now correctly set it to Li, and it immediately restarted the bms, and I have the app back. Now I just need to figure out why the battery lost 40ah over night. My 12v portable fridge should not have drained more than 10ah. :/

diy solar

diy solar
Back