diy solar

diy solar

Two sources of solar running into two separate breaker boxes on the same feed.

energy quest

Hello, I have a couple questions concerning my ground mount solar set up at home. I live on 15 acres and have two homes running off the same main panel coming in from the grid so the solar system is connected 100 feet from the main box to the 200 amp main panel. I am planning to delete 18 iq7's from my existing 30 panel system and route the 18 panels to a separate inverter and sub panel in order to have a battery back up. and hopefully gain back some extra power. The original system was not planned out properly and I ended up with 30 iq 7's for my 320 watt panels, not realizing at the time that the iq7 can only produce 250 watts per panel so I end up losing. My plan is to disconnect two sets of 9 panels into 3 parallel strings each into two separate combiner boxes then run them both into my house 120 feet away into a mpp solar LV 5KVA-48V inverter charger that I will connect to the battery bank and into a 150amp sub panel, which the 120 rule allows for the additional power input for that panel. My question is would it be safe to run two separate solar sources into two separate breaker boxes that are on the same feed, and if so what type of additional equipment is required if any, to keep it safe. I really appreciate any advice you are able to give.

Back