diy solar

diy solar

UK Copper Bus bars, where to buy?

Fingers

Hi all,

I've been looking at bus bars (for my sunsynk 5kw inverter and two lifpo4 batteries), on ebay and they look so small and weedy, and most likely brass not copper.
So not really interested in anything from China.

I did look on this forum for answers but no joy. I found a video showing a decent bus bar made by Pike Industries, but where on earth can I get them in the uk?
An internet search drew a blank.

This must be the fifth time I have changed my mind on my battery breaker box design :)
There was a nagging doubt in my mind after reading your entries and replies, and the doubt came from talk of resistance, and bus bars. I thought I don't need one of those I'll just join both sets of cables together at a third breaker that I already had. Convenient and tight assed. Now I get it, the more you have the more heat your going to generate, and that's power that should stay in the batteries.

Thanks for any info.

Ok, I think I've found one but it's only 50volt and my system is 48-and up to around 60.
What do you think?

busbar.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the links. I did look on 12 volt planet but couldn't see much at all, that page was hiding from me lol.
Yea, Blue sea, some of that kit looks very good, but not from "those" people.

I was totally thrown by the 48volt DC, so not good enough.
Then I noticed all makes state this. So I got the one above. I just need another for the pair.

But really there's some real junk out there :)
Thank s again.

Oh, if anyone knows why they all state 50volts then please let me know. Cheers.

Back