diy solar

diy solar

upgrading to sunsynk 8.8kw inverter

Gary-B

I currently have two growatt 4200tl-x inverter's each with two arrays of 5 & 6 panels of Perlight Delta 400W Total Black Mono all with tigo optimisers fitted. Im planning to swap out the inverters for a single sunsynk 8.8kw hybrid inverter and 6 pylontech us2000C battery's (all ready bought).
so my question is how to wire up the panels to the inverter, my thoughts are to Parallel the 2x 6 panels and the 2 x 5 panel arrays for each of the mttps on the sunsynk. currently each 6 panel array has a voltage of 240v and the 5 panels have a voltage of 200v. does this seem like the best way? im sure this is the first of many questions

All depends on orientation and shading of the panels plus the min max DC rating of the Sunsynk..

All depends on orientation and shading of the panels plus the min max DC rating of the Sunsynk..
all south facing all suffer some shading hence the tigos. spec is PV Input Voltage 370V (125V~500V),MPPT Range 150~425V,Start-up Voltage 125V

If they are all south facing than any grouping should be by shading (not sure the Tigo's are much good on shading but as you have them use them) as long as any grouping meets 150V min and 500V max. Note that the max needs to take into account the max possible VOC plus the temp gradient for say -10C depending on the lowest temp you see local to you. A measured V does not tell you what the max VOC is, use the panel specs not measured V for this.

Last edited:
I currently have two growatt 4200tl-x inverter's each with two arrays of 5 & 6 panels of Perlight Delta 400W Total Black Mono all with tigo optimisers fitted. Im planning to swap out the inverters for a single sunsynk 8.8kw hybrid inverter and 6 pylontech us2000C battery's (all ready bought).
so my question is how to wire up the panels to the inverter, my thoughts are to Parallel the 2x 6 panels and the 2 x 5 panel arrays for each of the mttps on the sunsynk. currently each 6 panel array has a voltage of 240v and the 5 panels have a voltage of 200v. does this seem like the best way? im sure this is the first of many questions
You have 2 mppt's, and I believe max voltage is 500v on each.
I would try to get to as close as possible on 1 mppt and use the rest of the panels to populate the second mppt

You have 2 mppt's, and I believe max voltage is 500v on each.
I would try to get to as close as possible on 1 mppt and use the rest of the panels to populate the second mppt
He has shade, wouldn’t one want more strings in that case and also to keep it in the MPPT voltage range?

I guess 1 x 8 and other MPPT 2 x 7 would work. Below 425 volts unless cold.

Back