diy solar

diy solar

Using a Ryobi charger for Farmall 300 conversion to electric

georgeha

I am reaching out to the Ryobi riding mower folks that have replaced their lead acid batteries with LiFeP batteries to explain the charging system.
I have two RM480e mowers that I have running on LiFeP and am using the lead acid batteries in a conversion of a Farmall 300 tractor to electric. I would like to use the Ryobi charger to charge the tractor. I purchased a charger receptacle, HOM3165001 and Charger controller, HOM996342001. I need some help making the connections to the batteries in the correct locations so the charger will turn on and charge. I can't find a schematic for the Ryobi other than the pictorial image of where to plug the connections in but not where those wires exit the wiring harness. My call to the Ryobi service people did not yield a schematic.

Reactions: NVS
Here is a 15 second video of the first run of the tractor.
Since this time I have added a second set of 4 batteries, A digital battery display, converted the throttle to run the motor, added a 12v powered hydraulic pump, and wired up the original ignition switch to turn on the 48 volt solenoid. The motor is off of a forklift but so old I could not find any information on it. The motor controller was off of an electric golf cart, the lead acid batteries off of a RM480ex and RM480e Ryobi mowers. The students at the local high school wee helping me out but school is out for the sumer so the tractor is in my shed. The pictures of the current state of the tractor are all close ups. Once the charger port is wired up and the batteries recharged I'll move it outside and gets some photos and maybe a video.

I drove the tractor about a mile and a half before the batteries more or less pooped out. I was towed home the remaining mile. The batteries may not have been fully charged before the drive home. If all goes well I will today I will have the charge port temporarily wired up and will start charging the batteries.

diy solar

diy solar
Back