diy solar

diy solar

Valence batteries

john641b

Hi. Im a beginner. I bought the EG4 6500 inverter. I have 11 valence batteries and going to add 1 more for 3 banks of 4 batteries to equal 48 volts per bank. Going to a victron bus bar then into my EG4. Do i have to add a seperate bms for my valence-batteries or will the EG4 work compatable with not overcharging or under charging. My batteries are valence 12v 138 ah. Thank you

Can you point me to the URL of where you purchased these batteries (product page)

Hi. Im a beginner. I bought the EG4 6500 inverter. I have 11 valence batteries and going to add 1 more for 3 banks of 4 batteries to equal 48 volts per bank. Going to a victron bus bar then into my EG4. Do i have to add a seperate bms for my valence-batteries or will the EG4 work compatable with not overcharging or under charging. My batteries are valence 12v 138 ah. Thank you
Have you read the 24 page super thread? Yes you need to add a BMS. Either a valence brand master BMS which I sell for about $1K or else you will need a Chinese BMS for each string of four batteries you have. Chinese BMS's may have the added benefit of having the out of the box ability to control your inverter. But I figure you are the same John I've already been speaking to on the phone?

Back