diy solar

diy solar

Valence software

somewhereinusa

Solar Enthusiast
Anyone using the Valence software. have you figured out what all of the information is?

48788700657_107213aff0_o.jpg

Is the WH Disch the total for the life of the battery? I'm guessing that PCBA temp is temp of the BCM and cells 5 & 6 are random since they don't exist.
Notice that in the above photo there are only three tabs. Battery info, Event log and Battery system info.
This screenshot was taken from my Windows 10 laptop while it was reading module 1.

In the photo below it is from my desktop that is too far from the batteries to hook up. Also a Windows 10 machine.
Notice there are 5 tabs. Battery info, Event log, Cal constants, Battery control and Battery system info.

48788188983_a60d1e5f86_o.jpg

Wow those last 2 temp sensor readings look high! Looking forward to trying this when I can.

I'll have another look tonight to compare.
Can you post a screenshot of the Batt Control tab? I don't have that tab on my version so I'd be interested to see what's available there.

Temperature sensors 5 & 6 are in line with the other four on mine for both batteries. I don't know why there would be 6 sensors for 4 cell banks.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 11
I don't know why there would be 6 sensors for 4 cell banks.

They make modules that are other than 12V. I suspect that something like the 19.s volt would have 6 cells. On all four of mine cells 5 and 6 show temps that are way out of line. Sure wish we could get some information about the software.

They make modules that are other than 12V. I suspect that something like the 19.s volt would have 6 cells. On all four of mine cells 5 and 6 show temps that are way out of line. Sure wish we could get some information about the software.
I understand that. What I don't understand is why your readings for 5 & 6 should be so different from mine when we have the same batteries? I would have thought if there are only 4 sensors in a battery then the last two slots should be blank? Or if there are 6 sensors then perhaps you have an issue? ?

Just some notes on what I have observed so far.

I got a usb cable long enough to read the batteries on my main desktop. Windows 10 machine. When I run the program as non administrator there are 5 tabs but, it won't work. When I run as administrator there are only 3. It automatically picked up COM5.

When watching the 300MPG video it looks like his temp sensors 5 & 6 also show odd readings. Perhaps it has something to do with how the original vehicle was set up. I know that my batteries came from the same vehicle as his. brassmonkey001 do you know how your batteries were originally used? Mine came from a Smith electric truck.

I have confirmed that cell balancing does work.

48831583991_e559602f79_o.jpg

I suspect that the "communication error" is due to the long, 33 foot, usb cable. It didn't do that with the short cable. If I stop and start the read it goes away.

I would love to hear what others have observed using the Valence software. I have shared it enough times there should be some feedback available.

brassmonkey001 do you know how your batteries were originally used? Mine came from a Smith electric truck.

I have confirmed that cell balancing does work.
I think they came from a Smith Edison truck but I wouldn't swear to it. I'll ask the fella I got them from again but I don't think he was 100% sure on their origin.

You can put your batteries into balance mode with the software? Any chance you could link me with your version? Mine doesn't appear to have that option, unless it only becomes available when the batteries are above a certain SOC? Mine are at around 79%, whereas I can see yours is over 99%.

You can put your batteries into balance mode with the software? Any chance you could link me with your version? Mine doesn't appear to have that option, unless it only becomes available when the batteries are above a certain SOC? Mine are at around 79%, whereas I can see yours is over 99%.

I didn't do anything, when it is charging, every once in a while, the the "Balance Active" button comes on and some of the individual cells turn blue. I can't for sure know if it does this with out the computer hooked up. I assume it does since the cells seem to stay pretty well balanced. I think when the
"Cell Spread (mV)" is what triggers it when it goes beyond the 10 limit listed.

My version is 12.12 PM email address if you don't have that one.

Anyone using the Valence software. have you figured out what all of the information is?

48788700657_107213aff0_o.jpg

Is the WH Disch the total for the life of the battery? I'm guessing that PCBA temp is temp of the BCM and cells 5 & 6 are random since they don't exist.
Notice that in the above photo there are only three tabs. Battery info, Event log and Battery system info.
This screenshot was taken from my Windows 10 laptop while it was reading module 1.

In the photo below it is from my desktop that is too far from the batteries to hook up. Also a Windows 10 machine.
Notice there are 5 tabs. Battery info, Event log, Cal constants, Battery control and Battery system info.

48788188983_a60d1e5f86_o.jpg
Hope to be able to share as well soon, just bought 8 of the U-27-12xps to build a battery bank, trying to set it up in coming week. Your info has been helpful Thnx very much!

I didn't do anything, when it is charging, every once in a while, the the "Balance Active" button comes on and some of the individual cells turn blue. I can't for sure know if it does this with out the computer hooked up. I assume it does since the cells seem to stay pretty well balanced. I think when the

Hi Brass Monkey, I have the software Rev. 12.9 do you know of any way to upgrade or an ave to locate update software? Thnx very much!!

Hi Brass Monkey, I have the software Rev. 12.9 do you know of any way to upgrade or an ave to locate update software? Thnx very much!!
Hi Ikkybot, I have version 12.9 as well. somewhereinusa has version 12.12 so drop him a PM. ?

PM'd you.(y)

Back