diy solar

diy solar

Van conversion upgrade from 100w to 350w solar panel

joy2wrld

Hi All,

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram Promaster Converted Van and currently I have a 100w panel connected to a 100 amp battery with a YETI inverter(?) to provide power to my van. I was hoping that I would be able to change out the 100w panel for two 350w panels so that I could possibly have more power that lasts longer. Right now my power only lasts for a night and a morning if I am parked anywhere even in full sun. I replaced the battery and still am not able to keep power unless I drive around because the battery is hooked up to the car engine somehow. I bought the van converted so I don't know much:) I believe that I need to purchase more batteries and link them together somehow yet I don't know which batteries to buy or how to link them and whether I should sell my YETI inverter or can it work with this new upgrade? So many questions. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated:)

Can you fit 2 ea 350w pannels on the roof, vents, roof racks, cargo carriers?
More panels will charge your battery faster, but it won't last longer. For that you need more batteries or a bigger battery.
We need a list from you of what you actually have solar wise.
Battery type, inverter power out, charge controller and MOST important what are you powering and for how many hr a day.
P.S. Right at this time lifepo4 batteries are the cheapest they have every been

Hi All,

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram Promaster Converted Van and currently I have a 100w panel connected to a 100 amp battery with a YETI inverter(?) to provide power to my van. I was hoping that I would be able to change out the 100w panel for two 350w panels so that I could possibly have more power that lasts longer. Right now my power only lasts for a night and a morning if I am parked anywhere even in full sun. I replaced the battery and still am not able to keep power unless I drive around because the battery is hooked up to the car engine somehow. I bought the van converted so I don't know much:) I believe that I need to purchase more batteries and link them together somehow yet I don't know which batteries to buy or how to link them and whether I should sell my YETI inverter or can it work with this new upgrade? So many questions. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated:)
Can you share more details, which YETI inverter, what do you need the power for, etc ?

Back