diy solar

diy solar

Vanpowers Super Power Pro 2000 Comments

John.DS99

I have seen a few glowing reviews of the Vanpowers power pro 2000 unit so after buying one a month ago and having lived with it I just want to add my two cents.

First I have to say that there are reviewers on youtube who are clearly paid or bribed to say only positive things about the products they are reviewing and ignore all of the negatives. These people like HOBOTECH and Byte My Bits are absolute frauds who are not to be trusted.

Someone you CAN trust is Will Prowse who posted this video on crowd funded products

I'm not going to go over the positives, there are quite a few and they have been touted on youtube, I am just going to list a few negatives I have experienced on this 2 kWh powerstation.

So here is the list.

1. For the last month, since purchase, the phone app doesn't download from their website link, https://apps.apple.com/cn/app/vanpowers/id1617421603
All of the reviewers rave about this incredible app and how it gives control and details about usage. It isn't available. I emailed vanpowers.net and asked about it and they told me to wait until mid may. I am still waiting.

The cooling fan seems like it's on too often and is fairly noisy. Even with no sign of heat and low charging. Do 2 or 3 100 watt bulbs require a cooling fan? "Honey, turn on the air conditioner, I have all three lights bulbs on!"
Next insert something that pulls 130 VDC into the car charger DC output and the fan doesn't come on. Never. The unit will heat way up, and the powerstation will ultimately lock due to excess heat, but the annoying fan doesn't bother to come on. I would not recommend using the car charger output on this unit.

They will gladly accept a return within 30 days if you don't open the box. That isn't exactly bending over backwards for the customer.

The manual is a pamphlet. Get the Zendure manual instead. It is mediocre. There are no descriptions of several warning or info lights

It has a NMC battery not LiFePo. The website (when I bought it) had one paragraph for both the Superpower 1500 and 2000 models. It said LiFePo battery under the description of both units. I thought I was buying that. But the box I received said Li-NMC. Really bugged me but I decided to keep it. Since then the website has been fixed to describe the difference more clearly.

The unit only has 2 inputs for power. 1 AC plug input that can accept 1800 watts of AC power to charge the 2 kWh battery and one DC XT60 connector that can take up to 600 watts from a PV source. There is a kludge that allows DC /' PV input into the AC input that allows up to 1800 watts of DC. The reviewers rave about this. The problem is that when you do this, all AC output by the unit is stopped. Hardly convenient. This requires a peculiar adapter that mixes MC4 on one end to AC input on the other end. Clearly designed by a preschooler. Where do you buy the cable? Nowhere. Vanpowers and Zendure don't show it as being for sale. Make your own if you want to enjoy this mess.

Tonight I received a lovely email from Support at Vanpowers.net. I will end my comments here and leave you with their friendly communication.
As far as I am concerned, I paid $1300 for a 2kWh battery and little else. If I had it to do over again, I would go with a simpler and cheaper option. Or a more complicated and expensive option. Or anything else. Or nothing at all.

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope this email finds you well. We are writing to inform you that the built-in 4G card of your machine will expire on May 31. To ensure uninterrupted service, we kindly request you to renew your subscription by following the instructions provided below.

To renew your 4G card subscription, please click on the following link: https://www.vanpowers.net/products/4g-one-year-fee
The deadline for placing the renewal order is May 30. Please note that if your subscription expires, the renewal process cannot be completed.

Here are some essential details regarding the renewal process:

Subscription Renewal: The 4G card renewal amount is 28.8 US dollars per year.
Renewal Period: Currently, we only support renewals for one year at a time.
When placing your renewal order, please remember to include the machine number in the order message board. You can find the machine number on the parameter nameplate under the hand lever of your machine. The machine number starts with "VNLA" followed by a unique identifier.

If you have any questions or need further assistance with the renewal process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team. We are here to help you.

Thank you for your continued support and cooperation. We greatly appreciate your business.

Best regards,

Vanpowers team

Last edited:
I just bought the 1500wh LFP04 model for $434 after tax on Ebay, hasn't arrived yet

Hoping i can get the app working or I will not be happy

I just bought the 1500wh LFP04 model for $434 after tax on Ebay, hasn't arrived yet

Hoping i can get the app working or I will not be happy
What about you, KD. You ever receive this unit, that was on Ebay?

What about you, KD. You ever receive this unit, that was on Ebay?
purchased it on 9/14
watching FedEx tracking, it seems to have finally left California this morning
the seller wasn't Vanpowers or Zendure, and there seemed to be many different sellers of that same product at around the same price
fingers crossed that i get it and it performs admirably ?
will keep you posted

the good thing about Ebay is their return policy
in the past i have always gotten my money back either through the seller or through Ebay
not sure i would have purchased this product directly from the manufacturer after reading some horror stories

Last edited:
purchased it on 9/14
watching FedEx tracking, it seems to have finally left California this morning
the seller wasn't Vanpowers or Zendure, and there seemed to be many different sellers of that same product at around the same price
fingers crossed that i get it and it performs admirably ?
will keep you posted

the good thing about Ebay is their return policy
in the past i have always gotten my money back either through the seller or through Ebay
not sure i would have purchased this product directly from the manufacturer after reading some horror stories
Yes, please keep me posted and who the seller is. Once you get yours, I may go ahead and pull the trigger.

eBay seller was bessacker

i got my 1500wh model yesterday

the Vanpowers app does not exist in IOS
i contacted Vanpowers and was told they are updating it, and it will be available around the first week of October
there is a Zendure app which i could install on my iPhone, but it was not emailing me the code i need to register a new account
so i guess i'll wait for October with fingers crossed

i was able to find a version of a Vanpowers app called V Power Station, and the Zendure app, on the Google store
but it would not allow me to install them on my devices (an Android retro game console or a Steam Deck)
i would assume an Android cellphone could use them

as far as the unit, it seems to be working fine
you can't beat 1440wh for $400
so i will probably keep the unit with or without the app
but i am still hoping to have an app at some point

I bought 2 2000kwh of these from eBay seller "bevisgalla" a few weeks ago for about $500. First was Zendure. Got it connected this week, updated the firmware with difficulty. 4G "one year" expires in 3 months. Sold as new. Location shows up as LA California. I am in Kansas City. Unresolved.

Second one is Vanpowers. Got it sort of connected with APP. Shows as "serial number not entered". (4G blinking on screen). Tapping on image of superPowerPro shows stats with green circle around 100% with red "Device offline". Settings page shows firmware is already the latest. No location selection is there.
Unsure whether to return either.
Mike

eBay seller was bessacker

i got my 1500wh model yesterday

the Vanpowers app does not exist in IOS
i contacted Vanpowers and was told they are updating it, and it will be available around the first week of October
there is a Zendure app which i could install on my iPhone, but it was not emailing me the code i need to register a new account
so i guess i'll wait for October with fingers crossed

i was able to find a version of a Vanpowers app called V Power Station, and the Zendure app, on the Google store
but it would not allow me to install them on my devices (an Android retro game console or a Steam Deck)
i would assume an Android cellphone could use them

as far as the unit, it seems to be working fine
you can't beat 1440wh for $400
so i will probably keep the unit with or without the app
but i am still hoping to have an app at some point
Thank KD, for the update.

Yes, please keep me posted and who the seller is. Once you get yours, I may go ahead and pull the trigger.
This is a warning to potential buyers. I want to share my experiences buying from this company (if you can call it that). This is one of the shadiest company around. Don't expect any after-sales support at all. Therefore no warranty! This is like a one man (couple at best) show based in L.A area importing these from china. These Chinese individuals do not pick up phones, do not respond to voicemails, do not respond to emails. Evidently they also have comprehension issues or that could also be an act, along with the robotic responses. Like the other YouTube reviewers have discussed, they still haven't fixed the app interface and its still buggy. The unit itself has many quirks. As it stands this guy/company has completely dropped all communications and i am at a loss on how to proceed from here.

Totally frustrated. I have a Samsung A32 Galaxy 5G Android. After many tries, I finally linked it to my home internet and the Vanpowers Power Station 2000.
If I turn off my computer modem WiFi, I lose the connection to the Power Station's WiFi. I bought this for off-grid, non-computer use.
I have successfully WiFi connected my GoPro7, Game Trail Cameras, Hearing Aids, and Spotting Scope Eyepiece to my Samsung phone. But, I have spent many hours trying to connect this unit's WiFi setup direct to my phone, not using my computer. Maybe it is something simple I have overlooked? Help me anyone? Fortunately, I only paid $600 for it on eBay. I asked Seller for refund. They told me to keep it and gave me full refund.

Last edited:
Back