diy solar

diy solar

Victron 250/100 Solar Charge Controller Issue

Dontatsu

So I have built a Solar trailer with modular battery system components. 3x100ah Lithium batteries, 4x285 watt panels aND A Victron 250/100 Solar Charge Controller. The panels are wired in series to produce about 144 volts and about 10 amps. Everything is hooked up and I get roughly 144 volts up to the Charge Controller. The controller however show off and the reason is insufficient PV power. My meter shows 0 volts across the PV inputs. Is this a bad unit or are there some voltage/amperage minimums that I missed and I am not triggering?

Ensure the PV polarity is correct. It's easy to switch if the model uses MC4 connectors as it is not very clearly marked.

Ensure the PV polarity is correct. It's easy to switch if the model uses MC4 connectors as it is not very clearly marked.
I have the bare wire connectors and I checked the polarity at the cable ends. It seems ok. I'll recheck it again.

Did you ever figure it out? I have new Victron 100/50 and have about 75 volts at the MPPT, but the MPPT is showing zero volts. The controller seems to be funtioning in ever other area. I am pretty sure it isnt defective, Its brand new and just returned the previous one doing the same thing, so I know it is something I have done.

Did you ever figure it out? I have new Victron 100/50 and have about 75 volts at the MPPT, but the MPPT is showing zero volts. The controller seems to be funtioning in ever other area. I am pretty sure it isnt defective, Its brand new and just returned the previous one doing the same thing, so I know it is something I have done.
@sunshine_eggo

Do you have the charger enabled?
Screenshot_20240411-212213.jpg
Are you positive polarity is correct?

Back