diy solar

diy solar

Victron BP220 dropping to 14v on load and tripping the inverter alarm

CamaroMan

Hi, so i just pretty much got the core setup installed. I could not run a darn thing. Finally tracked it down to the BP220 i just put in. I have a 250AH battery at 24.4v, when i bypass the BP220 the v stays pretty stable and no alarms. With it connected the V drops to 14v, like it cant pass thru the amps?

2500w 24v LF toroid inverter. It was a used amazon deal and i thought maybe just an open box but maybe someone damaged it? And no i have NO charge at all on or donstream from the OUT terminal.. my solar controller is hooked up the the batt/In circuit..

Is there a limit on the inverter size? 24v @ 220 amps should supply enough current correct? I am ordering a replacement - this looks like someone had already connected and possibly made a mistake or blew it somehow..

i would imagine the inverter is a "DC load" - either way my inverter has a 21v auto shut off so i guess that will have to do- will keep me in the safe zone of the tesla batt until i upgrade to a victon 5000va unit..

Curious why/how will hooked his up since i pretty much copied this diagram (incl motm who uses the same layout)? Seems the BP is connected to the inverter -

https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/1212121.html
cats_2.jpg

Again here, looks like the BP220 sits between the inverter and the controller?

https://www.mortonsonthemove.com/updated-tesla-module-rv-installation/

1679323014526.png

Don't believe stuff on the Internet, a considerable amount is incorrect or unsafe, often both.

Follow the manufactures guidelines. Its clear from the instalation picture the guy had no idea how the Battery Protect functions.

From Victron instructions,
battery protect.jpg

gotcha - so the BP is only functional with an inverter that supports a remote shut down feature? ie the thin remote wire to inverter? my inverter already has a shutdown at 21v built in - ill have to see it theres a 2nd remote shut down (thats until i pony up for victron inverters down the road)...

Back