diy solar

diy solar

Victron SCC’s can “wake” a disconnected lifepo4…. How?

Nan_wpg

Solar Enthusiast
Victron product sheets list “wake up sleeping batteries” as a feature, but when I fed the manual it says there has to be +5v above battery v too,start charging.

If the bms has disconnected then how does this work?

When looking at brands other than Victron what, in the specs will tell me if,a SCC can wake batteries?

Victron product sheets list “wake up sleeping batteries” as a feature, but when I fed the manual it says there has to be +5v above battery v too,start charging.

If the bms has disconnected then how does this work?

When looking at brands other than Victron what, in the specs will tell me if,a SCC can wake batteries?

Once they have been connected to the battery, they can be disconnected from the battery and powered directly by PV.

At sunrise, the unit powers on from the PV and can apply a voltage to the battery even if the battery BMS in protection mode. This has the same effect as putting a second battery in parallel.

I can't comment on other SCC.

So the MPPT must be connected to an awake battery first (to recognize the voltage) and can wake it up afterwards?
I do have a sleeping bnattery (without any grid connection) and want to use a new Victron MPPT to wake it up. That won't work, right? Then I might have to use a generator with power supply..

So the MPPT must be connected to an awake battery first (to recognize the voltage) and can wake it up afterwards?

Only once, i.e., the first time the Victron is configured and set to a battery voltage. From that point forward, it can be connected and disconnected at will, and it will always be able to provide voltage/current to a dormant battery of that same voltage provided there is PV available.

I do have a sleeping bnattery (without any grid connection) and want to use a new Victron MPPT to wake it up. That won't work, right? Then I might have to use a generator with power supply..

If you have an automotive battery or some other option to get it initially configured, I would expect that to work.

Back