diy solar

diy solar

Victron Smart Shunt

ChrisG

Solar Addict
Have a weird issue on my shunt reading. It’s not tracking SOC or current in/out. Luckily my BMS is. This is a 5kwh 48v LifePO4 battery. Any thoughts? I reset history, disconnected it for 1/2 day and just know know what it’s reading 0C12CAB1-7F78-4710-90D7-1CAC0D221982.png6AAA7622-8B81-4869-816A-228A15A1F134.png

This has been working for the last 6 months perfectly fine. I just checked all connections and the same issue. No firmware upgrades either. Wonder if there is anyway to do factory reset or something. I’ve only seen reset history directions online

I can only recommend the obvious and check connections.

After that, pull the negative and positive wires that power the shunt, not the big battery cable, out and test them for continuity and intermittent connections. If that were the case, it would shut off.

I can only recommend the obvious and check connections.

After that, pull the negative and positive wires that power the shunt, not the big battery cable, out and test them for continuity and intermittent connections. If that were the case, it would shut off.
If I pull the negative it will shut down my system which is not a problem for testing. Shunt connects in line on the negative battery to inverter. Already pulled positive small cable for 1/2 a day with no change.

There
If I pull the negative it will shut down my system which is not a problem for testing. Shunt connects in line on the negative battery to inverter. Already pulled positive small cable for 1/2 a day with no change.
there should be a small wire with a positive and negative going to the battery to provide power to the shunt for Bluetooth. That smaller wire is what I’m referring to.

Not on the Victron. Only a small positive which I already disconnected for 1/2 a day. Negative comes from shunt terminals itself 4D660FFC-099B-4472-AA2A-F8F88A64BFB6.jpeg

Last edited:
This has been working for the last 6 months perfectly fine. I just checked all connections and the same issue. No firmware upgrades either. Wonder if there is anyway to do factory reset or something. I’ve only seen reset history directions online

It's broke. Give your seller a call. Should be covered under warranty.

Wait, did you say you disconnected the small red wire to save 1/2 A per day ?

If so, there’s your problem.

Wait, did you say you disconnected the small red wire to save 1/2 A per day ?

If so, there’s your problem.
What? I disconnected for 1/2 a day (12 hours) hoping to reset. So that is not my problem.

Sure did and the vendor is FedEx’ing me a new one. Just need a picture of me destroying the broken one. While Victron is more expensive for components, can’t beat the support. Love it.

Sure did and the vendor is FedEx’ing me a new one. Just need a picture of me destroying the broken one. While Victron is more expensive for components, can’t beat the support. Love it.

Unfortunately, this is heavily dependent on the vendor. Vendors can lose their deal if they fail to provide adequate support, but that doesn't stop them entirely. Victron does have a way to "encourage" a vendor to provide the support to which they agreed by submitting a support ticket through Victron to the dealer by item S/N:

Unfortunately, this is heavily dependent on the vendor. Vendors can lose their deal if they fail to provide adequate support, but that doesn't stop them entirely. Victron does have a way to "encourage" a vendor to provide the support to which they agreed by submitting a support ticket through Victron to the dealer by item S/N:

I did submit directly to Victron with the vendor name, serial, date bought, etc. Vendor contacted me within 12 hours. Victron did send an email to the vendor and myself stating they will follow up to make sure the matter is resolved. Great service.

Back