diy solar

diy solar

Victron SmartShunt alarm not audible?

kolek

Inventor of the Electron
The Victron SmartShunt alarm in the phone app is not an audible alarm?
The alarm works but only shows a message in the app, there is no audible alarm sound.
Is this true for everyone or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

I

Last edited:
Sorry guys I clarified to say I'm referring to the Victron phone app for this device. I'm expecting the VictronConnect app to give an audible alarm, instead of just a visual alarm like it does now.

Exactly. I see those notifications based on the "alarm" settings in the VictronConnect app. That works the same on mine. Does yours give an audible alarm to go with those text "notifications" ?

Basically I want an audible alert from the app on my phone when my battery reaches 55V

Seems there is also no way to download the raw data that the shunt is using to draw the charts?

The Victron SmartShunt alarm in the phone app is not an audible alarm?
The alarm works but only shows a message in the app, there is no audible alarm sound.
Is this true for everyone or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

I
If your still going ahead with home assistant you can integrate the shunt I believe
then it's just a matter of setting up an automation to trigger on your required voltage and setting up alert as an output

Tried Automate, it didn't seem to detect the notification. Tasker is a paid app.

there is room for all flavors, as there are different levels of DIY.
Everything from individual component level design and creation to pre-existing unit integration and management. I personally would never be caught doing component level design or the programming side. those are just not my strengths. (who am I kidding I have no clue whatsoever).
on the flip side when I see some hodgepodge shambles of a solar panel install or wiring that would send me screaming out of a ships space at speed, or a fabrication project with items half way semi somewhat attached in strange fashions....
I do not say anything other then to quietly whisper good consul into the offenders ears in hopes of effecting a reformation.

we all have different levels of what we are competent and or comfortable with.

Exactly. I see those notifications based on the "alarm" settings in the VictronConnect app. That works the same on mine. Does yours give an audible alarm to go with those text "notifications" ?

Basically I want an audible alert from the app on my phone when my battery reaches 55V
You know that the Victron App only works with Bluetooth, i.e. within a very short distance?

I get daily emails and push notifications of when my battery gets hot. Cerbo or an RPi sure feels like the right solution. :)
I had to explain to my wife that no I'm not constantly taking my phone into other end of house to bang a chick it's cause the bastard Victron BT range is garbage (back when I took the batteries and SCCs out each morning for charging and then back at night)

Get a VRM device. Save your marriage :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back