diy solar

diy solar

What about something like the OUPES power station? to get started

Moretorque

Just curious if any of these type style units are good and if you can gang them up and figure a way to add to them? When it comes down to it I want something I can move around on a hand truck. I don't mind if each module weighs like 200 or 250 if I can build or buy a solid one.

Thanks for any good advice... I think the way things are going simpler and portable is good for me, conspiracy theorist on the move before they put a bullet in us...

Does anybody make something like this.. I want it to be like a Lego set just add to it. A head unit that does all the regulating and inversion. I do not mind if I have to build it and put a inverter and charge regulator in the box myself to build my own all in one. I would like to have a head unit like this and then you just put it on top of a battery and plug it in and have stackable batteries where the batteries just plug into each other as you stack them together and add more juice and you just add more of these together to get more power as you need it. I want it to where you can break it down or somebody who is strong can use a hand truck to wheel it around as one unit with multiple batteries connected... Is this out there and if not would it be good if it was ?

You won't find a lot of praise for these systems here, because you get locked into an "ecosystem" and can't move brands to the cheaper batteries.

Will's hand truck build with an EG4 3k and 1 Lifepower4 48v battery is still a good minimum place to start, and the 48v battery will pretty much always be useful no matter how big your system gets.

Thanks alot, yaa I was just watching the video with Will. Something like that with stackable plug in batteries would be great...

What about 1 MPP Solar LVX6048 6000 vs 2 EG4 3000 watt like the one Will was pushing on his hand truck set up... Just curious since the 6000 uses a huge transformer..

You won't find a lot of praise for these systems here, because you get locked into an "ecosystem" and can't move brands to the cheaper batteries.

Will's hand truck build with an EG4 3k and 1 Lifepower4 48v battery is still a good minimum place to start, and the 48v battery will pretty much always be useful no matter how big your system gets.
That's is like exactly what I want but I want being able to grid tie. 2 trucks like that that are 6000 watts and able to run 240. I will even do separate inverter and controller tied to the truck as well if it will make it better? Then I could just have more trucks with more batteries tied to them for more storage. 6000 watts is really all I would ever need I think.. My power consumption is real low.. Thanks for that...

That's is like exactly what I want but I want being able to grid tie. 2 trucks like that that are 6000 watts and able to run 240. I will even do separate inverter and controller tied to the truck as well if it will make it better? Then I could just have more trucks with more batteries tied to them for more storage. 6000 watts is really all I would ever need I think.. My power consumption is real low.. Thanks for that...
If you want 240 just go straight for a 6000XP. The cost does run away a bit when you want every component to also be your end game system, but it's not a bad strategy.

If you want 240 just go straight for a 6000XP. The cost does run away a bit when you want every component to also be your end game system, but it's not a bad strategy.
I like the idea of being able to roll one of the 3000's out the door and take it with me on a camping date or something.. Can't I do 3000's with grid tie? If one goes down you have the other...

It has a grid input but I don't think it can export and I don't think two of them can make 240.
He said 2 together will do 240, that with a grid tie would be great. What about building that in separates? Like Victron. I don't mind spending a little more money for a better functioning quality unit.

What about building that in separates?
That's what I did. I use Schneider. I would like to use Midnite next. Then there is Outback and Victron too.

I can't help with that though, research them and pick your favorite color or brand. Only part I can say for sure is skip the solar generators like OUPES.

That's what I did. I use Schneider. I would like to use Midnite next. Then there is Outback and Victron too.

I can't help with that though, research them and pick your favorite color or brand. Only part I can say for sure is skip the solar generators like OUPES.
How come I cannot tie that system into the grid and what do I have to do to get one that will... thanks...

You can get a good deal on these, can you gang them up? The 1800 is a deal and the 2400 looks to have a little potential? Has anybody tried these? These are cheap so you could throw backups in the closet is all..

These things are designed for outdoor use, The Will truck system is much better and I will probably do one because what I want does not seem to exist and E4g told me if you use their systems outdoor it voids the warranty so just to have something portable I will get a few of these until I figure out what to buy... Thanks alot... Must be warrantied for outside...

Back