diy solar

diy solar

What are the cheapest solar panels that are durable?

What do you guys think is the best solar panels for a beginner to power a small shop?
Cheapest panels I've seen are free from homeowners who upgraded to prettier/more efficient ones. That's rare, but it happens in places where solar was fairly common 10-15 years ago (e.g. CA). I also saw a guy in Phoenix offer a pallet of 24 new panels he ordered and never used for less than 15 cents/Watt. You have to watch and wait for these deals.

The cheapest regularly available panels are used ones from large commercial installations. Figure 20-35 cents/Watt, depending on condition. If you only need a few panels and don't want used, check with local solar installers. They sometimes have a few left over when jobs are finished because they order extras to cover breakage.

Cheapest panels I've seen are free from homeowners who upgraded to prettier/more efficient ones. That's rare, but it happens in places where solar was fairly common 10-15 years ago (e.g. CA). I also saw a guy in Phoenix offer a pallet of 24 new panels he ordered and never used for less than 15 cents/Watt. You have to watch and wait for these deals.

The cheapest regularly available panels are used ones from large commercial installations. Figure 20-35 cents/Watt, depending on condition. If you only need a few panels and don't want used, check with local solar installers. They sometimes have a few left over when jobs are finished because they order extras to cover breakage.
That's not a bad option. Like I said it's just for a small shop that I'll be using power tools in and to charge up cordless power tools.

That's not a bad option. Like I said it's just for a small shop that I'll be using power tools in and to charge up cordless power tools.
Where are you located? I keep an eye on deals in TX, where I live, plus a few other areas across the south and west.

diy solar

diy solar
Back