diy solar

diy solar

What generator output to use with eg4 6000xp ?

tntent02

I purchased an eg4 6000 xp inverter to connect to my diy 48v 280 a/h battery and would like to be able to connect my generator to charge and possibly pass through power. In reading the manual Im a bit confused about wether to use the 50 amp output or the 30 amp output. Ive attached a manual for my generator. The inverter manual states the pass through relay on the converter Gen terminal is 30A and that load and Charge current should not exceed that. Then under the section off grid wiring it states " can accept up to 60A of generator power and will pass through all available. " Can you recommend which output is recommended on the generator to use ? Can you explain the difference In the inverter manual ? Is this referring to connecting a generator to the other ac input as opposed to the gen input which is limited to 30A ? I ultimately would like to connect the inverter and battery to the home like a generator but need to be able to utilize the gen to charge if needed and/or power the home in a backup.

Attachments

• Sepc Apexium 48200-1101-10C-16S(EN)(1).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
The 35A input to the GEN terminals would be the correct one. I will get this sent over to our technical writing team to get corrected. I also included a battery compatibility list that has verified protocols for a DIY battery.

Attachments

• EG4-6000XP-Inverter-Spec-Sheet (1).pdf
    172.4 KB · Views: 7
  • EG4-6000XP-Battery-Compatibility-List.pdf
    147 KB · Views: 6
The 35A input to the GEN terminals would be the correct one. I will get this sent over to our technical writing team to get corrected. I also included a battery compatibility list that has verified protocols for a DIY battery.
Thanks for the fast response. I realize I posted the specs on the battery and not the generator I own. Ive attached that now. To Clarify, The Gen has a 30A twist lock and a 50A outlet as well and your saying I should use the 30a output to the gen input on the inverter?

Attachments

• XP10000EH_manual_revised_06302022_WEB (1).pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
Yes, that would be correct.
Thanks for the fast response. As far As the battery coms, Im told its only going to work in an open loop ? The battery manufacturer states compatibility with luxepower can 2.0 protocol but Its not a listed brand. This means I would set this up as if it were a lead acid ?

Lead-Acid would be what you will most likely have to use. However, you can try having your batteries in LUX protocol with the Lithium Brand set to 6 on the inverter to see if BMS communication works.

Lead-Acid would be what you will most likely have to use. However, you can try having your batteries in LUX protocol with the Lithium Brand set to 6 on the inverter to see if BMS communication works.
Thanks I will try that and see if it works !

Thanks I will try that and see if it works !
I've just got this connected and it seems to work as far as I can tell. It's reporting a state of charge that agrees with battery display. The Eg4 green normal light came on and I'm able to measure 238v on L1 and L2 ac out loads. Anything else I should look for ?

I've just got this connected and it seems to work as far as I can tell. It's reporting a state of charge that agrees with battery display. The Eg4 green normal light came on and I'm able to measure 238v on L1 and L2 ac out loads. Anything else I should look for ?
@tntent02 where did you order this BMS from? Is it running on the LUX protocol?

Back