diy solar

diy solar

Which BMS is best for my setup?

omanolo

Hello. New to this forum. I am attempting to set up an off grid system that will power my air conditioner before the REAL heat hits. So far I have a Tesla S battery module, Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 charge controller, Victron Battery Protect 12/24V 220 AMP, (not connected due to new alerts) 4 used solar panels totaling a theoretical wattage of 625 watts, (need to replace some diodes), 4 gauge cables, lugs, busbars, etc., MasterVolt ChargeMaster 24/60-3 battery charger, (for cloudy days). This is for my 2007 Key Performance NRG 27 foot Toy Hauler that I have been living in full time for the last two years. I already have a Renogy PWM Wanderer controller with two Renogy 100 watt 12v solar panels and two Trojan T105 that I bought two years ago before finder Will's channel on YouTube. DUH-OH! I want to keep the 12 volt system separate to power the LED lights, water pump, and to be able to start the built in Generac 4700 Generator in case of emergency. I have a separate MasterVolt Mass Sine Wave 12/1000 inverter to power the TV and coffee maker. Waiting on Tripp Lite PV2400FC inverter to be delivered for 24v system.

I have installed a battery Cellmeter-7 digital battery capacity checker and set up the charging profile of the MPPT according to Will's instruction. So far so good. Battery is being charged. I may lower the float charge slightly to increase the battery life after just seeing Will's video on battery life and % capacity/state of charge parameters.

I want to install a BMS to manage the Tesla module. Any thoughts? Trying to avoid catastrophic failure.

diy solar

diy solar
Back