diy solar

diy solar

Will Alibaba battery work?

Thierrys

I'm planning to buy a hybrid inverter for my solar system and I want to attach a battery. I would like to buy a low voltage battery from Alibaba and attach it to the hybrid inverter.
I'm wondering if every low voltage battery on Alibaba will work on the inverter?
The inverters also have approved battery list, there are only a few brands/models listed. Does it mean that no other battery brand will work?
I'm interested in the following inverters:

- Solis S5-EH1P4.6K-L (Datasheet) (Battery list)

- Deye SUN-5K-SG03LP1-EU (Datasheet) (Battery list)

Please help me figure this out! Many thanks!

I'm planning to buy a hybrid inverter for my solar system and I want to attach a battery. I would like to buy a low voltage battery from Alibaba and attach it to the hybrid inverter.
I'm wondering if every low voltage battery on Alibaba will work on the inverter?
The inverters also have approved battery list, there are only a few brands/models listed. Does it mean that no other battery brand will work?
I'm interested in the following inverters:

- Solis S5-EH1P4.6K-L (Datasheet) (Battery list)

- Deye SUN-5K-SG03LP1-EU (Datasheet) (Battery list)

Please help me figure this out! Many thanks!
Not really, many battery pack manufacturers use the BMS which works well with the 2 brands you listed above.
BMS manufacturers can get the communication protocol of the inverter, but mostly battery factories don't produce BMS themselves in China, so actually you have more choices than that on the list.
But it's better to ask the supplier for sharing actual cases to prove their battery can work well with your inverter.

That's a pretty broad question. Assuming you get a battery with the right specs (correct voltage, capacity, etc.), the battery MIGHT work. The reason I say "might" is that sellers on Alibaba are known to stretch the truth.

I'm assuming the list is for batteries that communicate with the inverter. You can run the batteries in "voltage" mode, and then they become battery agnostic. For example, DIY battery with a BMS usually works fine.

Reactions: JRH
That's a pretty broad question. Assuming you get a battery with the right specs (correct voltage, capacity, etc.), the battery MIGHT work. The reason I say "might" is that sellers on Alibaba are known to stretch the truth.

I'm assuming the list is for batteries that communicate with the inverter. You can run the batteries in "voltage" mode, and then they become battery agnostic. For example, DIY battery with a BMS usually works fine.
Totally correct, battery on the list is 100% communication with the inverter, furthermore, the battery brand has to be famous enough, then the inverter manufacturer might add your brand. We are surely many BMS can get the inverter communication protocol to make the battery communication with the inverter, at least for the famous inverter brand, their protocols are not secrets such as Deye, Victron, SMA and so on.
Besides, there is another working mode like that you mentioned above "voltage" mode, which is called user defined mode or user mode for most inverters.
Choosing this mode, you can set the battery working condition on the inverter then battery works well with inverter.

if the Chinese sell it ,it would have to be a good buy…that’s what tell us..it must be true.!

The BMS on the battery needs a communication protocol to communicate with the inverter. Generally speaking, most batteries will come with communication compatible with well-known brand inverters. If not, contacting the service team can basically solve the communication problem.

Back