diy solar

diy solar

Will EG4 batteries fit in SOK server rack?

They're standard rack width (19"), and the EG4's are not as tall (3.5U?), so yes, they'll fit in the 4U space.

This is what the official read write cables looks like.
Pin 1 green - D-
Pin 2 white - D+

Hope this helps others!

Attachments

• 315CCBE6-A9E9-4F17-8040-E18108340965.jpeg
    315CCBE6-A9E9-4F17-8040-E18108340965.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 13
Do you guys think that we should carry an SOK style rack? we could do that for $80, the markup is very high from SOK, but I just think we'd have to take a stacked bus bar approach as well, trying to subsidize our enclosed cabinets better to make it easier for people to just get those.

Do you guys think that we should carry an SOK style rack? we could do that for $80, the markup is very high from SOK, but I just think we'd have to take a stacked bus bar approach as well, trying to subsidize our enclosed cabinets better to make it easier for people to just get those.
Your rack is very nice, but the shipping to CA is $250... That is old of money.

The SOK rack is very solid and cheap. But not enclosed... If you could do one for $80, that would be a lot better.

They're standard rack width (19"), and the EG4's are not as tall (3.5U?), so yes, they'll fit in the 4U space.
I have a related question, anyone know if the SOK 48V server battery would fit an EG4 rack?

I believe it’s too tall
Hello, could you elaborate on this? is there no way for me to change the position of the tray in your rack to fit the SOK battery? I have one of your Batteries and 3 SOK's was wondering if I could just make adjustments to your rack and be done with it

Last edited:
I like the SOK style rack because I often put batteries in crawl spaces that will not fit any EG4 rack. I can easily cut an SOK rack to hold just 3 or 4 batteries as needed to fit in a 38" or 41" crawl space, then I do 2 or more racks wide. I do wish you sold a rack that could easily be cut to fit smaller spaces. I would like to make the shift to SigSolar and EG4 on everything, but I encounter regular applications where EG4 offers no easy solution.

Back