diy solar

diy solar

Wind Turbine Blades Can’t Be Recycled, So They’re Piling Up in Landfills

Lets look at it different...

Its idiotic to build big ol blades and then to put them in the dirt due to the impact this has on the planet.

Yeh, it might be "cheaper" to dig up gravel to make concrete out of when we could reuse these...

From my experience fiberglass burns like hella hot. I'm sure a incenerator could be made that was even portable and made power while in use, and you could store these blades until enough were in a area and them one truck could bring in the incenerator and burn them while making power. The left over fiberglass wouln't amount to nearly the amount of a blade and could easily be used again if you wanted.

Just one way we could probably go about keeping them out of landfills.

Is the cost to the planet not worth it?
Don't necessarily agree with the burning, but definitely agree with the grinding down and reusing. I don't think the turbine landfills are a HUGE problem, but I definitely think that it should be included in the cost benefit analysis.

I'm always for recycling, even when it isn't the most financially viable option.

This really sucks.

They should be sold into art.

Lazy people. You'd think California would make some kind of incentive to recycle these.

Back