diy solar

diy solar

Would like to build a basic system from a Natures Generator gold systems, solar panels and cables

rang

I have a 7 year old "Natures Generator" gold system: Portable Solar Generator, power pod, 3 solar panels and 2 50 ft cables, the batteries are no longer working and I have had to replace some of the controller parts in the Solar Generator over the years. It no longer works, but would like to build out a system that will allow me to power some small appliances and recharge batteries during the day if the power goes out. I live in a rural area, that gets hit with hurricanes so I do lose power a couple of times a year. Looking for suggestions' on what equipment I would need to connect to my 3 working solar panels (MC-3 connectors), 2 50 ft cables (they have "Natures Generator" connectors on one end of the cables) which might need to be changed to connect to the new equipment. My thought was a Sine wave inverter with a couple of AC outlets, I would like to avoid using a battery for this system if possible. I'm open to any suggestion on design and recommended equipment. Thanks!

they have "Natures Generator" connectors on one end of the cables)
Picture of said proprietaries?
would like to build out a system that will allow me to power some small appliances and recharge batteries during the day if the power goes out
what do you want to spend?

What are the panel specs?
What batteries do you intend to use?

Have you looked at Will’s videos of an AIO and battery as a DIY ‘solar generator’ and considered the costs? Because that is usually so much more power for the money versus other options.
Alternatively, a Giandel PSW Inverter with a separate charge controller (Epever? MPPSolar/watts247.com?) is pretty inexpensive to enable your existing components, and a 100Ah LiFePo can be had for under $300 these days…

Picture of said proprietaries?

what do you want to spend?

What are the panel specs?
What batteries do you intend to use?

Have you looked at Will’s videos of an AIO and battery as a DIY ‘solar generator’ and considered the costs? Because that is usually so much more power for the money versus other options.
Alternatively, a Giandel PSW Inverter with a separate charge controller (Epever? MPPSolar/watts247.com?) is pretty inexpensive to enable your existing components, and a 100Ah LiFePo can be had for under $300 these days…
To respond to your questions
  • Panel is a 100 Watt Monocrystalline solar panel
  • I didn't plan on storing the power. My goal was on the occasions when the power goes out to directly power devices only when the sun was up
  • Ideally in the $300 range
  • Picture of said proprietaries? I'm not sure if this was your request, picture of current system (3 solar panels work fine, generator no longer functions and I wasn't looking for a replacement)
  • 1700148110842.png
Do you have the link to this video?
Will’s videos of an AIO and battery as a DIY ‘solar generator

Back