diy solar

diy solar

Need help buying correct cables

tom1

This is my first solar generator set-up and on top of that, I'm mechanically illiterate , so I need things really spelled out. I have an Anker 757 solar generator , a LIPOWER 100W Portable Solar Panel 18V, and two 100 watt Renogy solar panels. I've wasted hours trying to find the right cables to connect my panels to my generator, and if I can't get someone to send me a direct link to the cables I need , I'm giving up, because it shouldn't be this difficult. I've contacted Anker , and it took me 3 tries to get the right cable based off what they told me. The problem is that the only cable I've been able to get is 2 ft long . And I've searched for a longer version of that cable to no avail. Can someone please end my misery and just send me some direct links to the cables I need? I can attach pictures of my gear if need be, just ask , thanks.

A picture would help/

I’m not familiar with the solar input cables for an anker 757.

This is my first solar generator set-up and on top of that, I'm mechanically illiterate , so I need things really spelled out. I have an Anker 757 solar generator , a LIPOWER 100W Portable Solar Panel 18V, and two 100 watt Renogy solar panels. I've wasted hours trying to find the right cables to connect my panels to my generator, and if I can't get someone to send me a direct link to the cables I need , I'm giving up, because it shouldn't be this difficult. I've contacted Anker , and it took me 3 tries to get the right cable based off what they told me. The problem is that the only cable I've been able to get is 2 ft long . And I've searched for a longer version of that cable to no avail. Can someone please end my misery and just send me some direct links to the cables I need? I can attach pictures of my gear if need be, just ask , thanks.
The cable pictured is : DC 5.5 mm (signal pin female end) to XT60 (male end). It works but I need a 20-30 ft version that has the two little prongs on the end that plugs into the portable panel pictured, so you can twist that end so it locks inside of the hole to plug it into the panel. Tks again for the help

Attachments

• IMG_4263.jpeg
    IMG_4263.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 10
Your fold-able solar panel does not seem to provide a plug to fit the Anker. Looking through the reviews at Amazon I noticed a mention that this panel would not fit other power stations due to lack of adapter.

I also see of the various outputs it does have it seems to max out at 45w.

Here's my 100 watt renogy panel that I'm also trying to hook up to the 757 Anker. Any idea on what cable to use? Tks

Attachments

• IMG_4446.jpeg
    IMG_4446.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4448.jpeg
    IMG_4448.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4449.jpeg
    IMG_4449.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 2
Other picture for Renogy panel

Attachments

• IMG_4450.jpeg
    IMG_4450.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 1
Your Renogy Cables are MC4. If you got the XT-60 to plug into the anker, an XT-60 to MC4 adapter.

I do recommend testing the adapter for polarity prior to plugging the panel into the anker.

Back