diy solar

diy solar

XUBA: How do they do it?

doppler

Just got confirmation from Amy my wired payment cleared. 957$ out the door with busebars for over 7 kilowatts, could not be happier and Amy is a champ, great to work with, but does she ever sleep. Thanks to the early buyers that paved the way for us. If this deal holds every four weeks I am putting in another, AC likes a lot of amps.

8x 280 AH x 3.2 volts, nice little 4s 2p. Prismatic cells There are many great threads on this seller, very legit.

I have not got them yet but many, many people here have. I opted for sea travel to keep costs down and she said 30 days But I think between 30 and 60. For the cost of one battleborne more than 7 times the capacity and I get to have fun putting it together myself. It blows my mind

I have not got them yet but many, many people here have. I opted for sea travel to keep costs down and she said 30 days But I think between 30 and 60. For the cost of one battleborne more than 7 times the capacity and I get to have fun putting it together myself. It blows my mind
My order for four cells came to Southern California in exactly 40 days; 15 days processing + 25 days shipping. Fedex took less than a day to get it from LA to Santa Barbara. I've had them for a few days now and testing looks good so far. I'm only loading them to 32 amps discharge and 10 amps charge so it takes a while to complete a test cycle. I'll let you know.

Reactions: rkw
very sweet deal...that's exactly my plan. I just haven't pulled that trigger just yet. Of course there are the other components like a BMS to keep batteries safe, I guess only the charge controller is what's missing from the BB's? Still that's basically 6 BB's for maybe $1200 after adding the BMS devices. I have the perfect unused cabinet under the fridge in the RV that can hold up to 12 group 27 size batteries. It also has a heater conduit so heating in the winter cold should be fine just with passive radiant heating of the cabinet...maybe.

My Xuba 280ah cells have gone through two discharge tests so far with good results; 269ah and 274ah. That's starting from 3.59 volts per cell at no load with 0.002 cell imbalance (14.4 vdc strung together), and 3.325 to 3.150 with the 32 amp test load (0.114 C) with a 0.175 imbalance under load (12.94 vdc). It ran for about 8.5 hours until one cell hit 2.50 vdc under load and the BMS shut it down. under no load the imbalance ended up at 0.141 vdc, 2.802-2.661 vdc. I am going to test one more time ; I bottom balanced to 0.001 vdc, after sitting over night the cell voltage was back up to 2.917 vdc from just sitting there all strung together in parallel. I'm giving it a recharge now, I'll take it up a little closer to 3.65 vdc this time and see if I get that last ~10ah out of it. I intend to run the battery from 80% to 25% capacity to try and get an extended life cycle so 274ah from 3.59 to 2.50 is more than I need for my intended loads. Overall I'd say Xuba is doing very well.

diy solar

diy solar
Back