diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Order for 280AH LIPFEPO4 - Shipping options, BMS et other newbie Questions

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
Greetings from Sunny, balmy West Michigan.

I need your help with:

1. Ordering Xuba - Shipping, wow, what do I select for "Shipping Method" and "Trade Terms"
I want to get them shipped by the most economical method.

2. BMS - What BMS do you guys suggest for these cells,

3. 12 V Power Source to Charge these - suggestions needed please.

Greetings from Sunny, balmy West Michigan.

I need your help with:

1. Ordering Xuba - Shipping, wow, what do I select for "Shipping Method" and "Trade Terms"
I want to get them shipped by the most economical method.
DDP is the usual trade terms people ask for, this means shipping and customs fees are handled by the seller, the price you pay the seller is the price to your door.

2. BMS - What BMS do you guys suggest for these cells,
The BMS is determined by your use-case/usage and priorities, not the cells you buy. To narrow it down you should answer the questions (1) what is the max current (Amps) that will ever flow in/out of the battery (2) what voltage is your battery (3) do you want simple basic set and forget protection, flexible full featured, or somewhere in between (4) do you want/need low temperature protection.

3. 12 V Power Source to Charge these - suggestions needed please.
You will get better advice if you give more info about what you are building and what your goals are. Also specifically what type of charging you are talking about. Solar? AC? DC?

Thanks,
Sea Freight
DDP
Got it, they quoted me $199 for sea freight for 8 280 AH batteries.

I got another message saying, they are different cells, 272 AH, not sure why this is different now.

Usage - Trolling motor in small boat max amps 50A,
So should I go with double that for BMS? 100A

Charging - I am not sure how to charge, the only dedicated LI charger I have is a 5A li charger.
My truck as a 40A output at 7 pin trailer

My plan would be to run an A/C external charger to the batt to charge it.

Back