diy solar

diy solar

1600W on Transit LWB HR

Pistons -
I'll be mounting a dedicated compressor and tank as part of the build. Right now I just have a temporary 1 gal that I fill as needed.

Very nice. I have always thought some sort of slide out system would work nice. But I always contemplated some sort of a drawer type of slide, and I worried about it flying out on the freeway. Those air pistons are genius!

Very nice. I have always thought some sort of slide out system would work nice. But I always contemplated some sort of a drawer type of slide, and I worried about it flying out on the freeway. Those air pistons are genius!

It's on 28" drawer slides with 28" pistons to control the movement. When pressurized, I cannot get them to budge in or out by hand. My freeway testing so far has been making sure the front doesn't require a fairing, but I think it's ok. The lightbar I'm getting should stop some of that air.

It's on 28" drawer slides with 28" pistons to control the movement. When pressurized, I cannot get them to budge in or out by hand. My freeway testing so far has been making sure the front doesn't require a fairing, but I think it's ok. The lightbar I'm getting should stop some of that air.
Do you have much wind noise. I ask everybody I see and they all tell me no. I have had ladder racks on trucks whine like crazy so I'm always curious. Fir the ladder racks we taped a broom handle to front of rack and it cut noise a bunch.

Great Job. You guys are all making me want to build a van. And a boat and.... So much fun so little time.

Do you have much wind noise. I ask everybody I see and they all tell me no. I have had ladder racks on trucks whine like crazy so I'm always curious. Fir the ladder racks we taped a broom handle to front of rack and it cut noise a bunch.

Great Job. You guys are all making me want to build a van. And a boat and.... So much fun so little time.

Yeah, there's a little whistle that slowly builds after 50 mph. I have some caps for the profile ends I haven't put up yet, so that might make a difference. Still it's not loud enough to notice if you have the radio on.

This is amazing, nice job! We have an older van so our roof space is limited. We're going with one 405W panel up top and have been toying with the idea of stacking two of them and sliding them out 50% in either direction. This really makes me want to pursue the idea haha.

That is really sweet.
The only thing I see is that there may be shading of the bottom panel by the top one .... especially on the front one. Not sure how to resolve that except maybe slide it a tad further, but you may already be maxed out on that.

diy solar

diy solar
Back