diy solar

diy solar

18kPV battery setting recommended by signature solar incorrect?

cowduck

Just commissioned an 18kPV with 1 powerpro battery.

Support recommended me to select lead acid as the battery type and leave it for 2 weeks. Then to switch it back manually to lithium.

Does anyone know why this is? It’s night time now so no solar. But, battery percentage hasn’t moved for 3 hours despite usage. Is this because the battery type was selected as lead acid?

The LCD screen on the battery shows a much lower percentage than what is reported in the app.

The 18kPV is on the latest firmware (FAAB-1312)

IMG_4600.jpeg

Last edited:
Just commissioned an 18kPV with 1 powerpro battery.

Support recommended me to select lead acid as the battery type and leave it for 2 weeks. Then to switch it back manually to lithium.

Does anyone know why this is? It’s night time now so no solar. But, battery percentage hasn’t moved for 3 hours despite usage. Is this because the battery type was selected as lead acid?

The LCD screen on the battery shows a much lower percentage than what is reported in the app.

The 18kPV is on the latest firmware (FAAB-1312)

View attachment 182036

Yes, I can explain some of the reasoning or at least what I personally experienced this while working with with EG4 this week.

When you set the battery to LEAD-ACID, the invert will show the status of the voltage and battery level based upon what was battery information (In your case 300ah) is keyed into the inverter. The inverter may conduct estimating the approximately soc, but I'm not sure on this.

AND...If you leave the inverter in Lithium battery mode and there is a communication problem , both you & EG4 cannot see any information from the battery. As the inverter continually attempts to communicate with the BSM when in litium mode, if this is unsuccessful it presents NO information back to the inverter.

Two weeks? I'm gathering you're still working with EG4 on something, thus it's helpful for them to see the battery info.

Hope this was helpful.

I am not working on anything with them. I wonder if I should just change it to lithium. The battery percentage is wrong on the inverter.

Don’t forget this is SS we are talking about
If they asked you to keep it on that settings for two weeks, I would keep it there. They must have had a reason. :)
Keep In mind this is SS you are talking about….baffles me why anyone would purchase something from SS that could be purchased from CC

Possible help:

I am using Luxpower 12k. I have my batteries connected via the ethernet cable to the CAN input on the inverter.
My battery type is Lithium.
My battery brand setting is 6 (Luxpower).
If I touch home screen on the inverter, it illuminates showing the home page.
If I touch the pie icon at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the House icon, a Menu with: Solar, Battery, Grid, UPS and Other comes up.
If I select Battery, then I get a display screen showing 22 lines of information coming from the BMS of the battery being communicated to the inverter in closed loop. So the battery and inverter are communicating.

After that, all I have ever done is set when I want the battery to charge with PV or AC or both and if for TOU, any maximum or minimum SOC or voltage settings, maximum kW I want to use for charging, and whether to charge first with PV or not. I have not yet plugged in my new generator to test charging.

The quick charge tab on the app starts charging from source using the my m kW setting and PV or grid or both and works for an hour unless terminated by my settings of SOC or voltage.

Does this help at all?

I do not have an EG4.

diy solar

diy solar
Back