diy solar

diy solar

18kpv wiring critique

sjordan0228

Been going back and forth on this. I found a video online where someone wired there 18kpv like this. He is grid tied and sells back to the electric company. This passed inspection. This setup seems to be just like the diagram in the 18k manual for "Whole Home backup with Supply side tap". However he is using extra lugs on the bottom of the 200A Fused Service Disconnect to send power to the 18K and the Transfer switch (side tap in the 200A Service disconnect instead of in the meter). Also the "PV Interactive System 2-Pole Fused Disconnect" is missing. I am assuming here is that the 200A AC Fused Service Disconnect is handling this. Is this a bad idea? My current setup (no solar) is just my meter going directly into my main panel which has a 225A

1716653412348.png

I couldn't concentrate enough to follow your description. Looking at the diagram, I would adda disconnect switch before ac in of the eg4. That way you can take it out of the circuit for maintenance.

I couldn't concentrate enough to follow your description. Looking at the diagram, I would adda disconnect switch before ac in of the eg4. That way you can take it out of the circuit for maintenance.
Like this?Doesn't the 200A AC Fused disconnect do this as well...or is the idea to keep power flowing to the house while you service the 18Kpv?
1716657237250.png

diy solar

diy solar
Back