diy solar

diy solar

2.7kw growatt battery

Agree with the above we may be able to determine the cells if you can find the exact model of growatt battery
Model is gbli 2701

The cells seem to be lion 18650 in packs of. Well I'm unsure. What they are not is Iifepo4.
What the cells are exactly I can't tell unless I strip it. Something I don't wish ro do at rhus stage.

Catch 22 then, the cells are not the current normal LFP cell, the specs online are not detailed enough. So keep it topped up until you can do more work on it. It seems to be an early Lithium battery using some specific cells no longer made, can't find any more info.

Catch 22 then, the cells are not the current normal LFP cell, the specs online are not detailed enough. So keep it topped up until you can do more work on it. It seems to be an early Lithium battery using some specific cells no longer made, can't find any more info.
I read the larger uses Boston Power Swing 5300 cells,

Discharge cutoff 2.75V/cell, what are the cell voltages and how many cells are there?
. The charge of the packs is aprox 3.7 and fairly balanced +-0.02v and total charge is aprox 52.6v and has been stable for months

I just reconnected bms after giving a clean and nothing on the output.

Could you have made an incorrect assumption before co.mng to that conclusion?
You said:
/*
The charge of the packs is aprox 3.7 and fairly balanced +-0.02v and total charge is aprox 52.6v
*/
so I just did the math.

Is there something helpful I should be getting from that comment?
Just a gentle hint using humor to nudge you in the direction of giving us all the available information. If you were to tell us how many cells there were, that would be useful, but for some reason it seems to be a deep dark secret. Should we sign an NDA? <--- more humor

You said:
/*
The charge of the packs is aprox 3.7 and fairly balanced +-0.02v and total charge is aprox 52.6v
*/
so I just did the math.

Just a gentle hint using humor to nudge you in the direction of giving us all the available information. If you were to tell us how many cells there were, that would be useful, but for some reason it seems to be a deep dark secret. Should we sign an NDA? <--- more humour

Aprox 52.6v . But thanks for the nudge.

These batteries are not based on a prismatic cell array. They are, from my calcs, which are based on the data provided, 14 packs of 10, 5000mah cells.
Without taking the individual packs apart, I can't physically count or confirm the number of 5000mah cells. However given they are relatively balanced it would seem to be a waste of time to open up the packs purely to count the cells when, I believe enough data exists. Woudl you agree?

My query/post was to check if there should be voltage at the output of the chasis when the wake-up button had been pressed. Or if it needed a command ie communication from the inverter in order to close the circuit. I'm still not clear on that point. However alternative solutions are now on track.

I have ordered daly parts just in case but I am in the process of charging and balancing the packs. I shall try the original bms when all is charged and balanced and feed back my results.

The daly i have ordered is a 40amp 8-14s which works for Liion upto 58v. These early grow watts are rated at a measly 20amps output and I will limit the output with a simple breaker.

Thanks all for the input.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back