diy solar

diy solar

24v to 24v 100A DC-DC solution sought

At the end if the day, all I really need is a current regulator. What I want is galvanic isolation AND a current regulator. Why does 80A at 24V seem like so much to ask? You can find this (or close to it) at 12V all day long.

I did see that Victron video a long time ago about hooking an LFP up to a stock alternator before, don't remember all the details of it, but the basic jist.

Is it the Balmar alternator you were looking at, which is the solution? (with temp sensor and can reduce field current to allow not to overheat)

Ref:

I guess they seem a bit spendy, is that the issue, we're looking for a cheaper solution I'm assuming?

Could 2 smaller 24v input, isolated 12v chargers be used to charge each half of the LFP bank separately?

Or these Victron Orion chargers are isolated, and says you can parallel them up for more amps...

Could either do 24|24-17 on the whole bank with multiple paralleled, or perhaps multiple 24|12-30 with half on one 12v and half on other 12v in the 24v LFP bank.

Just thinking out loud here...

I did see that Victron video a long time ago about hooking an LFP up to a stock alternator before, don't remember all the details of it, but the basic jist.

Is it the Balmar alternator you were looking at, which is the solution? (with temp sensor and can reduce field current to allow not to overheat)

Ref:

I guess they seem a bit spendy, is that the issue, we're looking for a cheaper solution I'm assuming?

Could 2 smaller 24v input, isolated 12v chargers be used to charge each half of the LFP bank separately?

Or these Victron Orion chargers are isolated, and says you can parallel them up for more amps...

Could either do 24|24-17 on the whole bank with multiple paralleled, or perhaps multiple 24|12-30 with half on one 12v and half on other 12v in the 24v LFP bank.

Just thinking out loud here...
I appreciate the thinking out loud. 12V chargers are not an option. I am running 2x 24V DIY LFP batteries. Trying to charge each 1/2 of each battery at 12V would overwhelmingly complicate things and would be prone to problems. I need a 24V charge source that I can put on the DC bus.

I think I've narrowed down to 2 main options.. Next step is to reach out to the bus manufacturer with a few more questions. Once I've settled on a solution. I'll report back here. Thanks again.

I appreciate the thinking out loud. 12V chargers are not an option. I am running 2x 24V DIY LFP batteries. Trying to charge each 1/2 of each battery at 12V would overwhelmingly complicate things and would be prone to problems. I need a 24V charge source that I can put on the DC bus.

I think I've narrowed down to 2 main options.. Next step is to reach out to the bus manufacturer with a few more questions. Once I've settled on a solution. I'll report back here. Thanks again.

Sure no prob, good luck, look forward to hear how you get along...

diy solar

diy solar
Back