diy solar

diy solar

3 inverters and battery connection

ranjan

I have a Orion 2kw Inverter which is working for the last 15 years or so. 4 years ago, I installed a 5kw sungrow SH5K single phase hybrid inverter with 2 x 10kw Meritsun 48v 200AH batteries. the problem with this was when I use the 5kw air condition system which is a 3 phase, only 3kw was taken from the battery at any given time. This, I was informed was due to the inverter being single phase. 2 months ago, I purchased a 10kw sungrow SH10RT 3 phase hybrid inverter. Unfortunately, the new hybrid inverter uses higher voltage batteries, so I cannot connect my existing batteries to it.
Currently, only 1 solar sungrow 3 phase meter is connected to the new 10kw inverter. I contacted sungrow, and they said that the second sungrow meter should also be connected to the 2nd sungrow 3 phase meter which has the batteries connected. Since the 2nd meter is not connected, I have not been using the batteries in the night. the batteries get charged during the day, but not getting used in the night.
There is another sungrow box which was installed, so if there is no electricity, the batteries will take over. This is connected to the 5kw system.
2 electricians came to have a look, but neither of them knew what to do and how to do the connection.
I want to get some expert opinions on this matter, so I could pass on the information.
Q1. How should the cables be connected to the switchboard with 10kw inverter and sungrow 3 phase meter?
Q2. How should the cables be connected to the switchboard with 5kw inverter with the batteries connected and sungrow 3 phase meter?
Q3. How can I check if the 10kw system solar panels are all working correctly and connected?

Back