diy solar

diy solar

3D printed Deye 5kw Hybrid Fan Unit - SUN-3.6/5/6K-SG03LP1-EU

Hi guys,

Just digged up this post.
I need to add some valuable information.
The noctua fans are great, for a computer case. As long as there is hardly any restrictions... Top!

Important is the static pressure.
My modification to silence the inverter (and improve the cooling) was swapping the 2* 80 mm fans by 2 x 120mm (ducted) silent wings 3
(Bequiet brand) their high speed model.

At top speed it's a soft buzzing, and still half the power from the 80mm.
Lots more airflow, and with a lifespan of +/- 35 years on top speed... I'm not worried for failure.

They will last longer then the inverter.

Anyways.. my 2 cents...

Check the back pressure of the fan you are going to buy, especially if there is some restricted airflow.

Just signed up. Here in South Africa the Deye 5k and it's re-branded twin; Sunsynk 5k are very popular. I modeled the unit. You can find an Inventor model and a Step file here; https://grabcad.com/library/sunsynk-5kw-, if you'd like to model your cooling solution. Cheers.
Great, thank you.

But...

1000017133.jpg

Perhaps because I'm on Android phone?

Can you double check the link?

Thanks!

I guess I'm here at the right place. I noticed from the first day I got my sun-12k-sg04lp3-eu that the "DC Temperatur" is always on the same value. 25 Degree Celcius. Never make a little step down or up. Is there a chance that there is a bug in the operating system or the logger module. Cannot believe it can be so constant.

1701959050110.png

Hi! I had the same issue and I bought a set of 2 AC powered fans and created an automation on Home Assistant to turn on the fans when the temps exceed 45C. That way I'm able to extend the lifespan of my fans and my inverter too. I live in Prayagraj and we experience summers with ambient temps around 50C lol. That's why I needed to ensure the temps stay under controlScreenshot 2024-04-17 at 4.01.07 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.59.28 PM.png

With 40 C + summer, i have been keeping eye on the temperature of my 6kw deye hybrid and noticed that it has been hitting 90 C + everyday at peak generation.

I wanted to help the inverter with the cooling a bit, so i decided to add this fan unit which claims its peak rpm is 5000.

Attaching some pics below. The fan came with a regulator to adjust rpm but i installed it straight without the regulator so that it can run at full speed. After monitoring for a couple of days, i plan add a smart switch and automation for it to be powered only when the inverter temperature hits a certain value. and turn of when it has cooled down enough so that i can extend the life of the fan. Its like 1500 INR and they claim 60000 hrs runtime on the product, so we'll see.

As you can see, i just left it sitting on top of the heatsink and it is blowing air into the heatsink.

As seen in the temperature graphs, the fans were able to bring down the temp my almost 20 C within a short period. Graph showing temperature of yesterday and i installed the fans mid afternoon today when the temperature starts dropping steeply.

I will also see how it performs if i put it upside down in which case it will suck air from below instead of blowing and note if it is better that way.

installing it at the botton will need making a custom mount etc, and i don't feel like putting in so much effort as of now if this works.

Fourdot fan.jpgPXL_20240501_082653470.jpgPXL_20240501_082703574.jpgtemp graphs.png

Back