diy solar

diy solar

3s1p

The problem is my lack of know how.
But I’m trying. Thanks to the forum I might get this correct
Happy to help. But out of curiosity, how did you originally come to the conclusion that 4 in series would be over voltage?

You could put 8 panels in series and still be under 450V. You might even be able to put 9 in series but only if you NEVER get below 20ºF which may be true for Dallas.

So if you put all 4 in series just like the picture I posted. As @rmaddy said is 182.4 max voltage. You will see my like 140 volts when it’s working. And only 8.3 amps.
When you series panels voltages are added and amperage is the same as 1 panel.
The manual I pulled up said you need at least 120 volts from the panels.
I hope you have a understanding of that ES growatt.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn’t that a 230 volt Europe unit meaning 230 hot and a neutral.

The problem is my lack of know how.
But I’m trying. Thanks to the forum I might get this correct
When you put panels in series, you add up the voltage.
When you put panels/ or strings, you add up the amperage.

Inverter growatt SPF 3500 ES, has a limit of pv voltage of 450 volts. Max Amperage input is 18a. Max charge current 80a. 4 pv panels. 305 watts each

growatt spf 3500 ES. I have 4 pv panels. 305 watts, max voltage 36.8, current 8.30 amps, VOC 45.6.
ACDoctor, I think after seeing the advice you and the forum provided I think 4 panels in series will be ok.
Happy to help. But out of curiosity, how did you originally come to the conclusion that 4 in series would be over voltage?

You could put 8 panels in series and still be under 450V. You might even be able to put 9 in series but only if you NEVER get below 20ºF which may be true for Dallas.
Maddy to answer your question of how I came up with the idea of 4 in series would be over voltage, now I have no idea. But with your help and me rethinking it though again I can see your point. Man I have been trying to set this system up and the more I’ve tried the more I was confused. I think I’ve got the solar input figured out. Thank you Maddy

So if you put all 4 in series just like the picture I posted. As @rmaddy said is 182.4 max voltage. You will see my like 140 volts when it’s working. And only 8.3 amps.
When you series panels voltages are added and amperage is the same as 1 panel.
The manual I pulled up said you need at least 120 volts from the panels.
I hope you have a understanding of that ES growatt.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn’t that a 230 volt Europe unit meaning 230 hot and a neutral.
If your correct about the European ground what will that mean for me

If that is so he will need to connect panels in 2S2P. That would be 91.2 VOC and 16 amps.
That is 2 in series and another 2 in series then parallel the wires from that.

The panels in 4S will barely start the solar charge controller. I was just reading on it. 150 vdc + or - 10 volts to start.
@Dunndeal what do you plan to use this inverter for?

The panels in 4S will barely start the solar charge controller. I was just reading on it. 150 vdc + or - 10 volts to start.
@Dunndeal what do you plan to use this inverter for?
I know this is over built but I didn’t really have a need to do it. I started buying equipment. But I have a shed that doesn’t have ac power. So I decided to put my solar project in the shed. Mainly I need power every now and then. Allot of our lawn tools used A/C. Also I’ll use a sump pump to water the yard. We have a creek and I irritate my yard. My back yard is deep. So not a actual need. I’m mainly playing

Back