diy solar

diy solar

48v 100ah Battery Spiking

jjphat

Howdy solar gurus!

I am having a problem with my home solar system. I am running approximately 1600w in a 2s2p system that is charging a 100ah, 48v battery. I run that into an inverter and then to a transfer switch and it powers a small area of the house. The battery seems to be malfunctioning and I have no idea how to troubleshoot it, or if it is even repairable.

It seems to be "spiking" and sending out about double the voltage, which causes the inverter to shut down.

For a while, it was only doing this when I would have it charging and also providing power to the inverter, but after checking all of the connections again and hooking everything back up, now it doesn't even work with the panels disconnected.

The only piece of potentially useful information I can provide is that when the panels are charging it, it will read 58.2, but as soon as I disconnect the panels or turn on the inverter, it immediately drops to around 52 and starts doing the spike thing.

I have tried running the battery all the way down and charging it back up again, and I have tried charging it all the way up to its max and leaving it set like that for a week. Neither of those things corrected the problem.

If there is anyone on here that knows a little more about these kinds of things, then I would certainly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks, John

They're both just off-brand, ordered from China. (I know I know "Well there's your problem right there!" haha) But still hoping someone who understands the machinations of these things can tell me if it might be repairable or if there is some process that I can put it through to get it to stop doing that

Back