diy solar

diy solar

48VDC Heater mats

Seems like we have both come to the same relative plan. Do you use your Pi to control everything, or is that in addition to a Venus GX device (like a Cerbo)?
I use a Raspberry Pi running VenusOS to monitor my inverter, charge controller and battery. The first two are Victron and the battery is EG4 LLv2 which can talk Victron Protocol. I am a Linux guy by trade so doing it this way instead of Cerbo gives me a bit more flexibility, but it is the same OS as a Cerbo.

I only run cameras, lights, and occasional use AC in a barn (with PtP WiFi back to house to watch animals) so my setup is small. If your handle indicates where you live, it is a lot colder there than here, so while I'll need the pads for around 2 months, you'll need them longer

Interesting. Do you set the temperature you want, and it then opens/closes when it gets 5C off that temp?
these generally have a set temperature and a set threshold, you also need to make sure you get NC [normally closed] for colder than room temp and a NO [normally open] for warmer than room temp. that 5C NC will close around 0C and open when it is warmer than 5C, if you wanted the batteries to be warmer get a 10C or 15C

i'm fairly certain that is how the NC and NO work but i would double check in case my lexdysia is acting up.

Back