diy solar

diy solar

50A Class A Multiplus II 24V 2x120 70A Install

gr8pix

Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California, Mexico
Hello,
I am in the planning stages about to purchase a Multiplus II 24V 2x120 70A and have some questions and would like some suggestions regarding the install in my 50A class A. The transfer switch is located at the rear of the coach and I'd like to install the Multiplus II at the front of the coach close to the batteries and the DC distribution center. The AC breaker panel is located in the centre of the coach and is connected to the transfer switch with 2-50A breakers.

1. Can I use the existing 6/4 wiring connection from the transfer switch to the 2-50A breakers in the AC breaker panel at the centre of the coach, splice in another 2-50A breakers connecting to the Multiplus II AC L1-L2 input, then running another line from the L1-L2 AC output on the Multiplus back to the AC breaker panel?
Solar-Roof-Panel-Placement.jpg

2. I plan on attaching the Multiplus II to a Lynx distributor which will connected to a single 24v 200AH LiFePO4 5120Wh battery (I plan on adding a second 200AH at a later date) From the Lynx I'll be running 2x Orion DC 24-12 V DC 70A Converters to power the 12V loads i.e. slides, levellers, generator start, lights etc.. I'll be relocating the 12V chassis battery to the engine compartment in order to fit the 24v LiFePO4 battery under the steps. I've done most of the measuring and the Multiplus can be mounted vertically in the front lower front bay area with the required ventilation.

Please let me know if you see any issues doing it this way as I am going to be doing a more detailed wiring diagram including fuses, breakers wire sizes, etc.as well as adding solar panels once the inverter is installed and working.

Cheers & thank you!

Do you have a generator wiring in the front compartment? If so, that's what I used to connect the MP II 2x to. My actual transfer swtich is in the back.

Do you have a generator wiring in the front compartment? If so, that's what I used to connect the MP II 2x to. My actual transfer swtich is in the back.
No, I don't think there is any AC wiring in the front compartment with the exception of the small inverter that powers a couple of outlets for the TV above the dash. The generator is located directly opposite the DC distribution compartment behind the drivers seat. I'm thinking it may almost be easier to run a whole new 6/4 wire along that side of the coach as I can easily access the front compartment from there. There will still be a huge problem running the AC out from the Multiplus to the AC breaker panel as all the panel wiring is dropped below just above the grey water tank, not much room to work without pulling the grey tank. Here is a shot of the existing wiring below the breaker panel and above the grey tank, my gut (as well as the picture) is telling me that I may have to re and re the grey tank to run the wires correctly. IMG20231011145814.jpg
I'll check later today if there is a line from the generator.Thank you!

Back