diy solar

diy solar

6000 XP/ EG4 indoor 14k battery or Force 15k

Root Rider 79

Hello, I am brand new to solar. My utility provider is extremely expensive and the entire house (1600 sq ft) runs off of it. I am looking to build my own system (Best bang for your buck). In the short time I have been doing research the two inverter slash battery systems that have caught my attention are the new Force 15k and the 6000 XP/EG4 indoor14k battery. There are a few things that each seemed to do better but again I have no experience to base that opinion off of. I would like to be able to charge my EV and power the house AC as they are both the main power users especially when it comes to summer (lots of 100+ days). Any input would help, I can get more specific with power requirements, but as of now I don't have that information besides knowing I'm charging at 32 amps for the EV. Thanks.

Before deciding on any equipment it is essential to identify your seasonal kWh electricity usage on a daily & monthly basis. Its also important to understand Peak kW loads if operating motorized appliances like Air Conditioning or pool pumps or well pumps Etc.

Its a good idea to also look at your roof or property for ground mount systems and identify a suitable location with full sun for most of the day. Then you can use an online solar estimator to determine how much the PV array will produce.

Since you mentioned having an EV which is a high consumption product (depending on miles driven per day) the Force 15K is limited to 4,000W of solar which is most likely not going to satisfy your needs. Without knowing any more about your particular situation, I would be leaning towards 6000XP to start with an idea to expand to 2 units later if needed. The XP can take 8,000W of solar each.

Back