diy solar

diy solar

Mixing EG4 Lifepower4 and wall mount indoor 14.3kWh

jarred125

I've been doing research on this and I still question how this would work together.

Currently: 4 x EG4 Lifepower4 server rack batteries connected to a bus bar then going to the Solark 15k

Does adding a single larger battery like the new EG4 wall mount indoor 14.3kWh battery pose any challenges? I know in the past I had balance issues due to being dumb and allowing the discharge amperage to be too high. I wouldn't want to repeat any mistakes.

I've been doing research on this and I still question how this would work together.

Currently: 4 x EG4 Lifepower4 server rack batteries connected to a bus bar then going to the Solark 15k

Does adding a single larger battery like the new EG4 wall mount indoor 14.3kWh battery pose any challenges? I know in the past I had balance issues due to being dumb and allowing the discharge amperage to be too high. I wouldn't want to repeat any mistakes.

There are a few challenges when using these two together. Most of the challenges are highlighted in this document. However, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Attachments

• White Paper - Battery Balancing(WIP) (1).pdf
    192.2 KB · Views: 8
There are a few challenges when using these two together. Most of the challenges are highlighted in this document. However, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.
Thank you, this does answer the question I had of how to keep them balanced. My wife and I are planning on selling our home next year and moving to a new property, maybe with that refresh I will switch over to the wall mounted design totally, unless the price of the LL4's drop enough to come to price parity.
Edit: Looks like the price just came down a bit on the batteries I have. I would likely stick with them in that case.

Last edited:
Back