diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Setting 17 Battery Wakeup Feature and its usefulness in waking an EG4 40V100AH WP battery

iannecj

I have this 48V100AH WP battery that came off the shipping palette in 0V situation so I assume its in BMS protect. Cant Bluetooth to it either.

SS thinks unlike other all in ones the 6000XP can be used to wake it up. Id prefer this than trying to use a benchtop power supply or charger. Mainly because I think it will be easier to justify replacement if there is a problem with the battery.

So focusing on 6000XP what is setting 17? What order might I operate the 6000XP and how should it be configured to wakeup this WP battery? Anyone have any experience with this setting and using it wakeup batteries like this WP battery?

SS could only say set AC charge current to low value like less than 5A to start wakeup. I have not tried yet but I am guessing inverter might not try to charge if it reads 0V on battery input.

I'm looking for a similar answer... I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything. I also might re-post this in hopes that it grabs someone's attention.

I'm looking for a similar answer... I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything. I also might re-post this in hopes that it grabs someone's attention.
I finally got somebody at signature solar to tell me it probably has nothing to do with what we want but instead is related to a communication function to take a smart battery out of standby over a serial link.... I was hoping it would apply a voltage and wake a battery up but they don't think so.

I haven't tested it I ended up using a separate power supply to do it manually.

On another note cut off settings in test are acting funny. You should be able to keep the battery from going into would be a BMS protect for under voltage shut down wirg settings in the unit but it's behaving funny in that I'll set cut off and end of discharge to 50 and the unit will support loads past that about three volts. Anyway still trying to figure it out I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

Ok.... I thought I had a similar issue. I went up to camp this past weekend and found that my Tigo CCA initiated a rapid shutdown once the inverter turned off from a low battery bank. Unfortunately I am still problem solving this issue and haven't found a fix yet. Needless to say, I don't think I'm having the same issues as you are having.

That being said, everywhere I've read about your issue says that you need to get all of the batteries within a close voltage range in order for them to not only function together (in your case) but also charge properly. You need to go back to S.S. and tell them the battery came with zero volts, they need to either exchange this battery or provide another fix free of charge.

Back