diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP Setting #17

JBoffgrid2022

Hello All,
Here is my setup:
EG4 6kW Off-Grid Split Phase Inverter (1)
EG4 LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH (4)
EG4 Enclosed Battery Rack (1)
SunPower 450W Mono Solar Panel (Silver) A-Series Solar Panel (16) 2S8P

Looking for some guidance on setting #17 "Battery Wakeup". My setup is located in an off grid camp that has no back up power ability at the moment. Up until four days ago, I had great communication and read outs from the inverter via mobil wifi which was powered by the inverter/camp. The battery bank depleted unfortunately beyond the 20% cutoff mark and has shut down. I lost all communication with the inverter since that happened. I was really hoping after a day or two of good sun, the inverter would wake back up and supply power once again to the camp/wifi.
1. Does anyone know what the inverter is programmed to do in this situation? Does it have the ability to wake up from PV input, or does it need to charge the battery bank up to a specified SOC before turning back on?
2. If the inverter doesn't have any ability to wake back up, do you have any suggestions on how I could achieve this?

Thank you!!

Hello All,
Here is my setup:
EG4 6kW Off-Grid Split Phase Inverter (1)
EG4 LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH (4)
EG4 Enclosed Battery Rack (1)
SunPower 450W Mono Solar Panel (Silver) A-Series Solar Panel (16) 2S8P

Looking for some guidance on setting #17 "Battery Wakeup". My setup is located in an off grid camp that has no back up power ability at the moment. Up until four days ago, I had great communication and read outs from the inverter via mobil wifi which was powered by the inverter/camp. The battery bank depleted unfortunately beyond the 20% cutoff mark and has shut down. I lost all communication with the inverter since that happened. I was really hoping after a day or two of good sun, the inverter would wake back up and supply power once again to the camp/wifi.
1. Does anyone know what the inverter is programmed to do in this situation? Does it have the ability to wake up from PV input, or does it need to charge the battery bank up to a specified SOC before turning back on?
2. If the inverter doesn't have any ability to wake back up, do you have any suggestions on how I could achieve this?

Thank you!!
I let mine run until it cuts off and when the sun comes out a half hour later the inverter is back on and charging on its own and i didnt mess with any setting for that

Going to be testing something similar but with AC Grid. Leave inverter running battery with Grid In breaker off and PV off. Let it discharge to cutoff (above UV on BMS) and turn off. Will then enable grid in breaker to see if it self starts (imagine grid come back after power failure).

Ok....Don't get mad at me.... lol
I finally problem solved my problem, and it wasn't the battery wake-up settings on the inverter. I was able to identify it by checking all of the voltages and found my panels were not providing any power whatsoever even on sunny days. My issue involved the TIGO CCA. Once my battery bank dropped below the cutoff, it stopped providing my TIGO CCA with power which initiated a rapid shut down. I had to temporarily supply power to the CCA which then enabled my panels to begin sending power to the inverter and battery bank. Once my battery bank was above 50%, I shut everything off, removed the temporary power source to the CCA, then hooked everything back up as it originally was and turned the system back on. It has been running great now for two weeks, however, I still don't have a fix for communication with the CCA and my inverter. I might post a thread to see if anyone has a fix for this situation. Of what I gathered, it is referred to as a "dark start". Thank you guys for checking back in tho:)

When the Tigo TS4-O optimizer is first shipped, the rapid shutdown function is disabled and the unit will start powering the inverter without a CCA. When the CCA and TAP first connect with the TS4-O, the rapid shutdown is enabled. Then whenever the CCA is powered down, the TS4-Os will shutdown. So, if you don't need the rapid shutdown capability, maybe there is a way to disable it. But sorry I don't know if that is true or how to do it.

Ok....Don't get mad at me.... lol
I finally problem solved my problem, and it wasn't the battery wake-up settings on the inverter. I was able to identify it by checking all of the voltages and found my panels were not providing any power whatsoever even on sunny days. My issue involved the TIGO CCA. Once my battery bank dropped below the cutoff, it stopped providing my TIGO CCA with power which initiated a rapid shut down. I had to temporarily supply power to the CCA which then enabled my panels to begin sending power to the inverter and battery bank. Once my battery bank was above 50%, I shut everything off, removed the temporary power source to the CCA, then hooked everything back up as it originally was and turned the system back on. It has been running great now for two weeks, however, I still don't have a fix for communication with the CCA and my inverter. I might post a thread to see if anyone has a fix for this situation. Of what I gathered, it is referred to as a "dark start". Thank you guys for checking back in tho:)
Yeah so you understand the issue... the main thing your scenario needs is a way to continue to power your CCA when the inverter output is shut down. It sounds like you have no option to just use grid to power it. If that's true then the only option I can see would be to use a buck converter to power your CCA directly from the battery. It will of course be a small draw on the battery, but I don't see any other options on the table... At least that way as long as your battery doesn't run out completely, solar would be available to wake up the inverter. Something along these lines - https://www.ato.com/dc-dc-buck-converter-48v-to-24v

Back