diy solar

diy solar

Help, EG4 6000XP will not turn on

Y, my heart sank when I saw those leads on the wrong side - but it's up and running now, just fussing through all the settings...
Well, I was able to get into the menu this evening, establish batt comm with Powerpro and go through all the settings, but now I'm not getting A/C power out. When I turn on the the EPS switch the inverter clicks then the screen shows the symbol for the A/C out to a plug, I get a smile and a green light, but no actual A/C voltage. Checked both sides of the A/C out breaker on and off, doesn't matter.... Also added a load (fan) just to make sure - nothing. Could reversing the battery polarity on the XP have done this? (also wonder if the screen being so dim is connected to the reversing polarity mistake but who knows...)

Last edited:
Found the problem. It turns out their is no voltage at the A/C out breaker until it is loaded. I had a fan plugged into an outlet on that line, and so even though the thought of a load did occur to me, I assumed that was accounted for. Well, it turs out the GFCI outlet box I was using will not work with the way the inverter produces power - not sure why. But, one thing I did notice is that there is about a 2 second delay between presenting a load to the A/C out L1 (or L2) before power is delivered, then if you turn something off and back on again it will be immediate unless you wait about 30 seconds or so, and it goes back to the 2 second delay. Maybe this messed with the GFCI, I'm not sure, but I replaced those receptacles with non GFCI receptacles and everything works now. Funny thing is I suspected those GFCI outlets would be a problem at some point, but they were a no-go from step 1.

Last edited:
Also, FYI this means reversing the polarity on battery input to the 6000XP didn't fry the inverter - at least so far as I know...

Back