diy solar

diy solar

6000XP won't talk to EG4-LL

Update --- All working correctly
Try LUX protocol on CAN first and wait at least 5 mins
Update battery firmware if necessary.
Batteries in sequence with master battery ID 1
Thanks all for the input.

I just did this over the weekend. Updated 3 batteries to the latest firmware, set dip switches to 1, 2, 3 batteries are set to EG4 and inverter is set to EG4. Everything is working. Make sure you use the Orange cable (at least that was the color my inverter came with)
What finally worked was setting battery protocol to LUX connected to CAN ... Thanks!

Any advice to get the 6000xp to communicate with the LifePower4 batteries? Right cable, right settings, 2 batts-dip swtch settings 0000 and 1000.

A buddy went by Signature Solar yesterday and picked up a system and they were kind enough to send him with a cable for me. Updated the firmware and the battery and 6000XP are talking!
Thanks everyone for the help on this.

Edited to say that the grid/generator charging won't kick on unless the EPS Output switch is flipped to the ON position.

Last edited:
It's just about always the simple things. Wish I could get a cable, been waiting close to 2 - TWO MONTHS. Hello Jess??? Anyone Home?

Onehand, once I get my buddies battery firmware updated I will send you the cable if that would help.
Appreciate the offer sir. If it comes to that, I will get back to you. Right now I refer to hold some feet to the fire. I understand supply and demand, however you are not the first I have heard of getting a cable from ss ahead of someone who has had two on order for quite some time.

If I don't get some cables soon, very soon, I WILL make sure they get another BIG BLACK MARK added to their illustrious reputation. What's fair is fair.

Appreciate the offer sir. If it comes to that, I will get back to you. Right now I refer to hold some feet to the fire. I understand supply and demand, however you are not the first I have heard of getting a cable from ss ahead of someone who has had two on order for quite some time.

If I don't get some cables soon, very soon, I WILL make sure they get another BIG BLACK MARK added to their illustrious reputation. What's fair is fair.
I'm so sorry for the delay, @Onehand. If you would like to reach our to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, I can look into your order and get you an update.

Update & FYI,

I ordered another LL V2 battery and got it in this week. I tried to update the firmware so the 6000XP could communicate with it and charge it up fully. I used the same exact firmware file version and BMS tool as a couple of weeks ago with my other LL V2. I would upgrade the Firmware successfully each time, but the communications still did not work when plugged into the 6000XP.

I suspected I had a different hardware version than my first LL V2. I spent a long time trying to find a way to differentiate the batteries, and the only way I could was the sticker on the shipping box has (V4) at the end of the product name, and LL-S firmware files mentioned the same (V4) in a readme file. I called SS support, and after a small wait, the tech was nice enough to confirm that, Yes, I had been shipped the newer LL-S version of the battery even though the receipt and order said the LL V2 version was shipped. So, I needed to update the latest firmware of the LL-S version to enable communications with the 6000XP. I did, and it did start working immediately.

I was lucky I hadn't bricked the battery using the old V2 version about 30 times, and I was also lucky that I got a newer version of the hardware from SS. The tech also suggested that I make the newer LL-S battery the master in the setup with the older V2 version, and it all seems to be working just fine.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Update to the Update,

So my system and batteries have been working great the last few days, but I noticed that the monitoring software was only showing one battery connected and a total of 100ah and not the total of two batteries and 200ah, even though they were both recognized individually by the inverter in single mode. So, I contacted SS and was informed that an additional newer firmware was needed on both batteries in a multipack configuration.

Introducing EG4 LL V2 multipack ID6.bin firmware version, Matthew at SS was kind enough to send me the link to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sAD4Ompsp8qm-acOddxF1IoVHZom3cRl?usp=drive_link
I flashed it to both the LL V2 and LL-S batteries, and the monitoring software immediately recognized and showed both batteries and the full capacity.

I just wanted to pass that on; good luck!

Happy New Year.

Update to the Update,

So my system and batteries have been working great the last few days, but I noticed that the monitoring software was only showing one battery connected and a total of 100ah and not the total of two batteries and 200ah, even though they were both recognized individually by the inverter in single mode. So, I contacted SS and was informed that an additional newer firmware was needed on both batteries in a multipack configuration.

Introducing EG4 LL V2 multipack ID6.bin firmware version, Matthew at SS was kind enough to send me the link to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sAD4Ompsp8qm-acOddxF1IoVHZom3cRl?usp=drive_link
I flashed it to both the LL V2 and LL-S batteries, and the monitoring software immediately recognized and showed both batteries and the full capacity.

I just wanted to pass that on; good luck!

Happy New Year.
Thank you so much! We appreciate your feedback very much @TXGUY! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!☀️✨

I hope EG4/SS standardize their hardware and firmware in 2024, all these incompatibilities and updates and slightly different versions and so on is driving me nuts and I'm barely even involved.
I am waiting on a cable to update my power pro batteries because you can do one of the updates with a fairly standard RS 485 to USB cable but not the other update, it's bonkers.

I just got a 6000XP and two LL-S batteries delivered today. I saw V4 on the labels on the front of the batteries. Are you saying that out of the box the batteries will need a firmware update to talk to the XP? I assumed they would have come with the latest firmware. I hope to get them installed this weekend. Thanks.

I just got a 6000XP and two LL-S batteries delivered today. I saw V4 on the labels on the front of the batteries. Are you saying that out of the box the batteries will need a firmware update to talk to the XP? I assumed they would have come with the latest firmware. I hope to get them installed this weekend. Thanks.
I just attached two V4 batteries to a 6000XP and they worked fine. That said, I did a firmware update on both before I did anything. I also went into the 'master' setting on the battery (set dip to 64) and ensured it was set to CAN/Lux. Both v4s are working and talking to the 6000 XP. Oddly enough, I had to "reset" the inverter setting 3,0, which then restarted the inverter and it then recognized both batteries. Before it only 'saw' one of them. That's the only weird item I ran into.

I just got a 6000XP and two LL-S batteries delivered today. I saw V4 on the labels on the front of the batteries. Are you saying that out of the box, the batteries will need a firmware update to talk to the XP? I assumed they would have come with the latest firmware. I hope to get them installed this weekend. Thanks.
Compatibility (or incompatibility) issues seem to be the nature of the beast in DIY, the cutting-edge technology development that we choose to work with for the freedom and scalability the mix and matching of hardware allows us; if someone wants plug-n-play safe hardware, then go with EcoFlow. I'm sure Signature Solar's process does not allow them to anticipate every combination that their multitude of inventory of products from different manufacturers, times, and facilities allows in order to ensure they are always up to date before shipping out. That is why they chose to sell to us, the pioneers of DIY Solar. We get the most advanced technology at reasonable prices. In return, we agree to be their beta testers and validate the hardware and software compatibility. So, as a former Ecoflow safe but boring and restricted customer, I don't mind the challenge of getting it right. FWIW.

So, hook the batteries up. You can always set the Invertor to Lead Acid batteries, and they will work until you get the firmware updated, if it's needed. I assure you, you will be very satisfied once it all just works and you know you made it happen yourself.

Good luck, and just ping me directly if you need any help at all.

Cheers.

Sounds like the LLv2 and LL-S BMSs are compatible for monitoring purposes. Does anyone know what are the differences between the two battery models?

Back