diy solar

diy solar

6000XP won't talk to EG4-LL

I need some help to sort this out.

I just installed my 6000 xp with my electricians help. I have (3) EG4-ll batteries (order #36750) and (3) EG4-LL v2 batteries (order # 83296). Before startup we followed page 56 of the manual to ensure all electrical connections and readings were correct per the specs. Everything appeases to be working except the solar output is way below expected and I am not sure why only the inverter is not connecting thru BMS to the batteries. I setup the dongle and it is connected via wifi and currently outputting to the desktop browser.

First – do I need to update my firmware in any of my batteries (which I have not done unless you direct me to do so)? If so please send link for downloading firmware and instructions to do so.

Second – Any help on the recommended settings I should set for my system?

I followed the EG4 video on how to setup with BMS connection (
1:29 to 5:41)

1. Put first dip switches right on master (over right)
2. Power it off then back on again
3. Hold 3rd button down to protocol settings
4. Go into CAN settings
5. Select LUX
6. Return dip switch to master settings (first one to left)
7. Turn on batteries starting from top down
8. Turn on battery breaker to inverter
9. Select enter for 3 secs to select protocol menu
10. Go to 3 and select Li-ion and O for battery type.

What am I doing wrong and what should I change? I've attached a pdf of the current inverter settings,

Would you be able to post a picture of the battery bank and the BMS cable connecting to the inverter?

Do you have an alternative standard CAT5/5E/6 cable to test the connection from the CAN port on the master battery to the BMS port on the 6000XP?
Yes the one included in the kit? I received two from SS with my inverter. One says "Bat Com" the "Parallel Com". Which one should I use. BTW the cable I am using was working with my old 6500 inverter I just sent back.

Yes the one included in the kit? I received two from SS with my inverter. One says "Bat Com" the "Parallel Com". Which one should I use. BTW the cable I am using was working with my old 6500 inverter I just sent back.

I would recommend trying the Bat Com cable included with the kit. The 6500-battery communication cable is pinned out differently.

OK it appears it is working now so thanks but I still down don't know if all settings are correct. You see I would have no way of knowing that. Do you have a recommended setting list for this inverter?

Thanks Jared. Is there a recommended settings list for the 6000xp you could send me?

diy solar

diy solar
Back