diy solar

diy solar

6000xp Settings Explanation

bikerider4818

I've had my 6000xp running for about 2 weeks, but I'm trying to understand the following settings:
(I'm using SOC since that's what makes sense to me, for now)
#11 and #12 - what is the difference between these two settings? Cut off SOC vs. Battery Discharge Cutoff? Ultimately I want my batteries to discharge to about 20% and then fully charge (by solar).

#13 - I think this one is usually set to appliance.?.?

#14 - do I need to set this up? Can I enable it but not set a time range?

#17 - Should battery wake up be enabled? I have EG4 batteries.

#20 - do most people enable or disable the power save functions? If so, which one? Green or ECO?

I've had my 6000xp running for about 2 weeks, but I'm trying to understand the following settings:
(I'm using SOC since that's what makes sense to me, for now)
#11 and #12 - what is the difference between these two settings? Cut off SOC vs. Battery Discharge Cutoff? Ultimately I want my batteries to discharge to about 20% and then fully charge (by solar).

#13 - I think this one is usually set to appliance.?.?

#14 - do I need to set this up? Can I enable it but not set a time range?

#17 - Should battery wake up be enabled? I have EG4 batteries.

#20 - do most people enable or disable the power save functions? If so, which one? Green or ECO?

Setting 11 determines the SOC/Voltage cutoff when connected to the grid, while setting 12 dictates the cutoff when the grid is unavailable. I typically recommend setting 13 to UPS unless a wider voltage range is needed. Setting 14 is optional but, if enabled, allows for AC charging based on time or SOC/Voltage. I typically keep setting 17 disabled. As for setting 20, enabling the Green Function will cut off inverter output if the load reading is less than 60W for over 10 minutes. Enabling Battery ECO will switch the inverter to bypass mode once the battery reaches the On-Grid EOD value and AC charging is disabled. The inverter will remain in bypass mode until the battery begins charging again, with a switch time of up to 15ms.

This working mode chart may help with settings as well.
@EG4_Jared Thanks for helping... Can you please share (or point us where to read) the details about:
* Battery wake up (not in manual or your pdf)
* Battery volt sample disable
* Start Quick Charge
* Force Discharge
* PV Isolation
In off-grid only use, is one or the other of the following moot?
- EOD Voltage
- Cutoff Voltage

Thanks!

@EG4_Jared Thanks for helping... Can you please share (or point us where to read) the details about:
* Battery wake up (not in manual or your pdf)
* Battery volt sample disable
* Start Quick Charge
* Force Discharge
* PV Isolation
In off-grid only use, is one or the other of the following moot?
- EOD Voltage
- Cutoff Voltage

Thanks!

At the moment, I lack documentation on Battery Wake Up or Battery Volt Sample functionalities. Nonetheless, initiating a quick charge will commence a one-hour charging session from the grid to your battery. Forced discharge will force the battery's power to the grid and loads for discharge if necessary. PV isolation pertains to PV GFCI functionality.

@EG4_Jared - Hey Jared - it's not well spelled out, but my impression is that if setting 13 is set to appliance, that the transfer time from inverter to bypass (or the reverse) might be longer than if it is set to UPS. I may be conflating things between the 6000XP and my old 3000EHV. The 6000XP manual doesn't explicitly state that, though, so I'm not sure.

@EG4_Jared - Hey Jared - it's not well spelled out, but my impression is that if setting 13 is set to appliance, that the transfer time from inverter to bypass (or the reverse) might be longer than if it is set to UPS. I may be conflating things between the 6000XP and my old 3000EHV. The 6000XP manual doesn't explicitly state that, though, so I'm not sure.

I believe the APL will have a 20ms and the UPS will have a 10ms transfer time from the monitoring site. Currently not seeing much more about this so I will reach out for more information.

I believe the APL will have a 20ms and the UPS will have a 10ms transfer time from the monitoring site. Currently not seeing much more about this so I will reach out for more information.
Okay - thanks for the confirmation. That was my understanding as well. I guess once I go to parallel 6000XP's the transfer time goes to 20ms regardless - should be interesting to see how that does or doesn't affect my appliances...

At the moment, I lack documentation on Battery Wake Up or Battery Volt Sample functionalities. Nonetheless, initiating a quick charge will commence a one-hour charging session from the grid to your battery. Forced discharge will force the battery's power to the grid and loads for discharge if necessary. PV isolation pertains to PV GFCI functionality.
Jared,
It's my understanding that the 6000xp has no ability to force power to the grid (when wired correctly). Please clarify your statement above for the 'Forced Discharge' setting option.

Jared, how is the Working Mode changed? I dont see a way to directly select a Mode.

I currently only have documentation for the working modes on the 18kPV. However, setting the working modes is very similar. Hopefully this document going over setting working modes will help.

Attachments

• 18kPV-Monitor-System-Working-Modes.pdf
    530.5 KB · Views: 8
Jared, how is the Working Mode changed? I dont see a way to directly select a Mode.
This is going off how I perceive it to work.

By default the 6000XP is in "Self Consumption" mode. If you select one of the other two modes (AC Charge, AC First), additional options will be displayed below the Working Mode timeline. You will pre-fill in those options according to the times you would like those options to be applied. Once you save those changes, you'll then see the Working Mode timeline update accordingly. 1717010090225.png

So it seems that there are no "modes" that you choose from. Its just conceptual ways of using the system. They have room for software improvement.

So it seems that there are no "modes" that you choose from. Its just conceptual ways of using the system. They have room for software improvement.
try ...starting at monitoring website main page...click maintenance...then "working mode" in yellow box, upper right hand of page under your user name...scroll down to "working mode setting"

diy solar

diy solar
Back